StudentsReview :: Bradley University - Comments and Student Experiences

I am a non traditional student.Quite BrightElectrical Engineering
I am a non traditional student. I completed my Assoc in Engineering at ICC the little community college accross the river. A great school especially for the value. Everyone told me how great Bradley was, including my wife. None of them were EE, Bradley is from what I hear a great Mech and Civil Engineering school. This does not hold for any of the smaller Engineering programs like Electrical. My experience was horrible, my entire class of 44 absolutely hated this school, many stating they would have transferred if their credits transferred out, which they won't, at least not well. Many still did and just took the hit. The program is a joke, 95% theory and outdated education. Robotics class was programming roombas to drive in circles for 4 months. We tried to shake it up and make a more advanced project and the prof tried to dock our 4 perfect As. Another prof exclaimed in the class he didn't know how to do the math and just read the book for that chapter and then moved on. It was on the test which he said it wouldnt be and he did it wrong. Every day after was a class argument with him over his tests. Another prof upon giving me a C on a test (25% of my grade) said i should have studied more. I told him I did 40+ hrs for one test, he asked what I went over, I told him: book, homework, previous exams, and his study guide. He told me "yeah see you studied the wrong things. You should have found some other topics we didn't cover as I should have learned all that stuff in class." Equipment is rudimentary at best, they regularly treat you like idiot children. Restricted access to labs regardless of projects. No complaints or issues are ever dealt with. Advisors are misleading and often result in you having to take extra semesters. Admistration is unhelpful. Campus Violent Crime is weekly. The campus can be wuite pretty. While there are a few good professors they are over shadowed. School spends 1million a year on a losing coach while yhe engineering buidling looks like a dilapidated warehouse. Honestly go get your Assoc at a community college and just go to a state school. Education is the same gets u the same job.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2017
Collaboration/Competitive: B+, Faculty Accessibility: F
College is what youQuite BrightPolitical Science
College is what you make it. If you want a good education with smaller classes then Bradley is for you. Nothing is going to be handed to you, but there are plenty of chances for you to go out and grab a great college opportunity.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2008
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: B-
Well, first and foremost and for the recordQuite BrightCommunications
Well, first and foremost and for the record presently I am a Computer Science Major and by this fall I should switch to Communication [concentration in Electronic Media] and Theatre Production. I will also minor in Creative Writing and Management. Well the Creative Writing, I have already declared.

That said, let me give you my opinion about Bradley. Just right. In terms of academic quality, real-world experiences, social- roundness etc. I will tell you that this is the begining of my second semester here and it has been really good so far. I had serious problems in the first, because, as an international student, I had a hard time adjusting and communication was a huge problem for me. So now the learning and adjustment period is over, I can finally settle in. So international students, beware and be ready to go all out.

My first impression about Bradley and the people of Peoria is that they were incredibly friendly. Everyone is very approachable and polite. It’s wonderful. I have met only one person that I can sincerely describe as snobbish. And that’s it. The professors almost beg for students to come forward with problems relevant to a course and don’t be shocked when students crack jokes with them. It’s fun.

About activities, let me tell you straight up: 1 in 3 wear greek shirts almost everyday. Greek is BIG here. Also, there are tons of activities and groups to join and you are more than welcome to start up one of your own. Also, there’s a lot of stuff to do on weekends too.

However, there are a couple of downsides. Publicity: students do not seem to know much about the school administration and information about activities on campus, a very good example of which would be games. Another thing is that you as an individual will have to GO OUT and get what you want here at Bradley. You have to go out and meet people. That’s how it works here. They won’t come talk to you. You have to be bold and take the first step. Another thing you should know: Overall couse work in Bradley is HARD(especially for the sciences). But you will be better for it though.

Bradley’s a great school . Go Braves!

1st Year Female -- Class 2008