StudentsReview ™ :: DePaul University - Comments and Student Experiences

Loyola University -- New Orleans, LA

DePaul University

Think about the cost

Feb 12 2014Accounting
Think about the cost of DePaul, you fafsa aid might not last all 4 years. Conside fincial aspect of attending DePaul.Ask how much you will have to pay for student loans a month after graduating.
4th Year Male -- Class 2012
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: F

I completed two years at DePaul

Feb 08 2014Biology
I completed two years at DePaul. Living in the city is an amazing experience, and I loved every minute of it. A lot of people at DePaul (mostly transfers) complain about the social scene. If you did not live in the dorms, you may have a hard time finding things to do. There are plenty of parties, but they don't seem to make themselves known, so if you want to stay away from partying, you won't have too much of a problem. I recommend joining clubs, make some friends, and take advantage of what the city has to offer. Winter can suck in the city, especially when it's windy, but if you live on campus, or close to the train, I don't think you'll have a problem.

Class sizes are small and the professors will get to know you quite well. I thought my education at DePaul was pretty simplistic. I can only speak on behalf of the science department, but I wish there was more "hands on" experiences. The science departments don't have a lot of different concentrations, so that can also be frustrating if you wanted to specialize in something specific. I transfered to UC Santa Cruz, and I'm so glad I did. I had a ton of fun at DePaul but I just didn't receive a challenging hands on education. DePaul is a still a great school with a good name and I'm sure you will enjoy it, but if you're a science major, I highly recommend finding a better science oriented school.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: C

I'm currently a sophomore at DePaul and I

Nov 16 2013Communications
I'm currently a sophomore at DePaul and I really regret not transferring after freshman year. There is zero sense of community at this school and even though I've done everything I can to get involved (joining a sorority and multiple clubs), I still feel SO isolated daily. Chicago is awesome.. don't get me wrong. But being 7 hours from home, I would have liked a community feel that I know exists at other universities. The sports suck and no one even knows when teams play, if they win, etc. The "big city" life seems so glamorous and DePaul can really sell you on it as a perspective student.. but don't buy it. I've made some good friends here but generally people are so cold and stand offish. I'll be transferring after this quarter and I am SO excited to attend a normal college. So many of the students are stuck up hipster types who rant about their liberal views and make fun of people who's parents pay for their education. I'm liberal and this school has made me embarrassed to be by the way some people make their arguments. Overall, this school is for a very specific personality type and that doesn't suite me.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016