StudentsReview :: DePaul University - Comments and Student Experiences

Loyola Marymount University -- Los Angeles, CA
Loyola University -- New Orleans, LA

DePaul University

Beware of the "Double Demon" scam.Quite BrightSociology
Beware of the "Double Demon" scam. DePaul says that if you were an undergraduate and decide to get a graduate degree with them, you will be given a 25% discount on tuition. This is not true. You will fight tooth and nail, and they will not provide that discount. DePaul is trying hard to be like Devry rather than great university.
Starting Job: Taxi Driver; Preparedness: F Reputation: F
Sorry but I'm transferring out of here asQuite BrightArt & Design Department
Sorry but I'm transferring out of here as soon as I possibly can. Most of the students are suburban kids and the social life here if you didn't come with people from high school sucks. I'm in a sorority and even that is a joke. I'm involved in things but I don't recommend coming to DePaul if you want any sort of a campus feel. Not worth your money.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Faculty Accessibility: A, Social Life: F
Well, three years after I have since graduatedAverageBusiness - Management and Administration
Well, three years after I have since graduated from DePaul in 2011 I feel cheated and scammed with basically no job prospects in my related field of study and s*** load of student loans that will probably never be paid in full. In short, I regret ever going to DePaul and wish things could have been different. Here is the review for school if you want to keep reading.

I started in 2006 in the bridge program at DePaul which consisted of students that needed extra preparation in order to become a full time student for whatever reason I suppose. I have no idea if they are still doing this program or not. I guess I could say it was terrible ACT scores at the time because I suck at standardized testing. However, I felt that I didn't really need to be a part of this program but in my case I am kinda glad because I got to meet the only fiend I have ever had at DePaul through this program. Without it, I doubt we would have met otherwise because the social community at DePaul is practically non-existent for most of the students that live there let alone the commuters.

The dorms for the most part are pretty nice and safe for the most part at least from my perspective. Nevertheless, unless you managed to become best friends with your roommate(s) you will have trouble meeting people around campus. I don't drink so I was never involved in the bar scene or the very rare frat apartment parties that would take place if you can find it. With that said, if you are like me or not that much of a partier you are not going to be making any friends period because the student groups and organizations are a complete joke!

The Academics at this school are basically hit or miss depending on the professor but for the most part they are smaller classrooms and if you have a good professor than they can assist you and be accommodating. The bad professors will screw you over unless you are smart and don't need any help. I never paid my attention to any Liberal BS because it wasn't apparent in most of the classes I took however I imagine that might have changed for the worse by now.

The career prospects really depend on what you study, major, GPA, and what type of job you want out of college. I can only speak on the resources they have which are limited if you don't have any work experience and they are generally are unhelpful. The career center has all of the resources that one can find to assist you find a job but I felt it wasn't enough for me to acquire a job in my field. The alumini network is not that helpful either. All of the student jobs are given to the girls and minorities which take priority over any white males so good luck with that because I wasn't able to have any student jobs.

All in all, if you like the city of Chicago and would like to study in the city. Than you are better off going somewhere else.

Preparedness: F Reputation: F
Compare DePaulSave DePaul

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→