StudentsReview ™ :: DePaul University - Comments and Student Experiences

Loyola University -- New Orleans, LA

DePaul University

I'm currently a sophomore at DePaul and I

Nov 16 2013Communications
I'm currently a sophomore at DePaul and I really regret not transferring after freshman year. There is zero sense of community at this school and even though I've done everything I can to get involved (joining a sorority and multiple clubs), I still feel SO isolated daily. Chicago is awesome.. don't get me wrong. But being 7 hours from home, I would have liked a community feel that I know exists at other universities. The sports suck and no one even knows when teams play, if they win, etc. The "big city" life seems so glamorous and DePaul can really sell you on it as a perspective student.. but don't buy it. I've made some good friends here but generally people are so cold and stand offish. I'll be transferring after this quarter and I am SO excited to attend a normal college. So many of the students are stuck up hipster types who rant about their liberal views and make fun of people who's parents pay for their education. I'm liberal and this school has made me embarrassed to be by the way some people make their arguments. Overall, this school is for a very specific personality type and that doesn't suite me.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: A+, Individual Value: F

Masters Entry to Nursing Practice (MENP)

Sep 28 2013Nursing
Masters Entry to Nursing Practice (MENP)
This program is a complete DISASTER. This is a program where some faculty members help their favorite students behind closed doors on their quizzes and exams. There are too much preferential treatments. This is a program clinical instructors are sometimes specifically instructed to find a way to fail students they don't like on clinical in order to dismiss them from the program. I think DePaul SON has to go through professional ethics overhaul. The program needs sincere, truthful, and trustworthy director. There are too much gimmicks and games. Do your homework and make sure that DePaul Masters Entry to Nursing Practice (MENP)is actually for you. This is the worst school I have ever attended.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Useful Schoolwork: B-, Individual Value: F

I came into college wanting a great experience

Mar 04 2013Other
I came into college wanting a great experience meeting great people, getting involved and having an overall great time. If you are looking for a normal college experience do not come here. No one lives on campus, and for the most part the people who do are not friendly, very hipster and just not normal. I have found very little people that I have connected with, and I consider myself to be a normal, outgoing and successful student. I have found very little people who care about their studies and are not passionate about anything.

Classes are very boring and profs give lots of busy work. I felt more challenged in high school. Try to get into the honors program if you do come here.

To sum it up, if you want a typical positive college experience where you feel a sense of community on campus, enjoy meeting normal and social people and are challenged academically DO NOT GO TO DEPAUL. I am transferring as soon as I can.

1st Year Male -- Class 2016