StudentsReview :: Elmhurst College - Comments and Student Experiences

Loyola University -- Chicago, IL
Winona State University -- Winona, MN
Valparaiso University -- Valparaiso, IN

Elmhurst College

I didn't have a good experience at Elmhurst

Apr 23 2014Education
I didn't have a good experience at Elmhurst College. The social life feels like I'm back in high school because people don't hang out with others that aren't different from them. Sports people stick with sports people. Music people stick with music people and so on. I also didn't get much help with my roommate situation as I would have liked. The education is really nice and so is the campus, it's just the people aren't what they seem.
Faculty Accessibility: B+, Social Life: D+

This is a wonderful, small, private, liberal arts

Nov 12 2014English
This is a wonderful, small, private, liberal arts school. If this is the kind of college experience you want, then Elmhurst is the perfect choice. The campus is beautiful. You're close to everything. I've had a lot of opportunities to get involved on campus, and also opportunities for internships and study abroad. I've had mostly positive experiences with my professors, who work hard and try their best to help students. I'm making great friends. I feel I'm being prepared for graduate school, which is my next adventure. The only low mark I would give has to do with the availability of housing. Otherwise, A+ rating!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A, Useful Schoolwork: B

The campus is nice, and the train stops

Jan 21 2014Biology
The campus is nice, and the train stops right by the campus, so it is easy to get to downtown Chicago. But, there is literally nothing to do no the weekends besides go out and party. But when you party, its at like 1 house, and you see the same drunk people every weekend. I personally did not like this. It is way too small of a school for me. It is a little bigger than my high school.

If you don't play a sport, good luck finding friends. If you do play a sport, you should be fine making friends, but you are with the same people 24/7.If you're going to be a science major, do not hang out with business majors. You will hate them, they don't do any work, and are lazy.

1st Year Female -- Class 2018