StudentsReview :: Knox College - Comments and Student Experiences

Earlham College -- Richmond, IN
St. Lawrence University -- Canton, NY
Beloit College -- Beloit, WI

Knox College

I've really enjoyed my time here so far,

Jun 23 2014Music - Performance
I've really enjoyed my time here so far, I've been challenged to think outside of my comfort zones and through that I've learned a lot about myself and the areas I work in. The students and faculty are all really friendly and supportive of independent work and research.The only thing that I think needs work is communication. Biggest example being that we have great Theatre, Dance and Music departments but we lack the collaboration that would enable those departments to work together to put on a musical.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Surrounding City: B

I come from Southern California, and I really

Mar 19 2014Political Science
I come from Southern California, and I really expected Knox to be this utopia dream land for diversity. It really wasn't that when I got here. We have the numbers, and we're working on become more than what we are now. My advice is don't get discouraged. Knox is a great place where I have learned so much and there really is this incredible social justice spirit. I have loved the relationships I have made here with both students and the faculty/staff. Staff and faculty really care about students, so if you have an issue, take it up to someone.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C-

What is great about my school are all

Feb 26 2014Philosophy
What is great about my school are all the opportunities that are available to me. I really feel like I can affect change on campus, even in just small ways. It is important however to always stay engaged on campus. If you don't get involved, it will be hard to feel apart of the campus. One of my favorite things are the class sizes. The small size makes me comfortable enough to speak in class as well as not feel ignored by the professor. Also the office hours of professors really are helpful and they are almost always available then. The professors that I have encountered or had have always been interesting, brilliant, and very passionate. At least every term I have one class that I am excited to go to. Over all, it is a great and inviting environment in class and out of class.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016