StudentsReview :: Knox College - Comments and Student Experiences

Earlham College -- Richmond, IN
St. Lawrence University -- Canton, NY
Beloit College -- Beloit, WI

Knox College

I've really enjoyed my time here so far,

Jun 23 2014Music - Performance
I've really enjoyed my time here so far, I've been challenged to think outside of my comfort zones and through that I've learned a lot about myself and the areas I work in. The students and faculty are all really friendly and supportive of independent work and research.The only thing that I think needs work is communication. Biggest example being that we have great Theatre, Dance and Music departments but we lack the collaboration that would enable those departments to work together to put on a musical.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Surrounding City: B

What is great about my school are all

Feb 26 2014Philosophy
What is great about my school are all the opportunities that are available to me. I really feel like I can affect change on campus, even in just small ways. It is important however to always stay engaged on campus. If you don't get involved, it will be hard to feel apart of the campus. One of my favorite things are the class sizes. The small size makes me comfortable enough to speak in class as well as not feel ignored by the professor. Also the office hours of professors really are helpful and they are almost always available then. The professors that I have encountered or had have always been interesting, brilliant, and very passionate. At least every term I have one class that I am excited to go to. Over all, it is a great and inviting environment in class and out of class.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A, Useful Schoolwork: D

Knox is a great school

Feb 26 2014Perfomance Arts
Knox is a great school. I'm currently a sophomore majoring in theatre and I transferred in last Spring. I was really nervous about transferring to Knox because I was afraid that it wouldn't work out like my old school, but I've been very happy here. I have enjoyed almost every class that I've taken- even when I took bio and didn't do so well- I may not have liked the subject, but I liked my professors and how invested they were in their field. I transferred at a strange time (the last term of the year) and I really nervous about how difficult it would be to make friends and settle it. My first term was rocky because I was placed with a roommate that things didn't work out with, but I was very happy with the way that Knox handled out situation and made sure that we were both happy and comfortable in the end. Other than that I was able to jump right into life here at Knox and feel at home. People were really friendly and excited to meet me. Obviously at a small school you're not going to get along with everyone, but I was able to find a lot of people that I was interested in getting to know. Since that first term, Knox has really become my home. I feel really comfortable here and I have so many friendly faces and great experiences. I really don't have many complaints. The few that I have would be that the sidewalks are frustrating and the college doesn't have the newest and fanciest facilities or dorms, or the best food all the time- but those seem inconsequential when compared to the things that I've gotten out of Knox. All of my professors have been really helpful. There have only really been two that I haven't liked, but it's not because they weren't willing to meet with me or help me out. I do really appreciate that they all know my name and make themselves as available as they can. The theatre department here is also really great and I've learned a lot so far about acting. I'm really happy with the classes that I've taken so far and my major in general.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016