StudentsReview :: Loyola University Chicago - Comments and Student Experiences

May 06 2013Unknown

best experience ever.

4th Year Female -- Class 2010
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: A-

Great school, good academics, brilliant faculty, and dedicat

Jan 20 2012Political Science
Great school, good academics, brilliant faculty, and dedicated students. The campus is beautiful and is located right on Lake Michigan. The other main campus is two blocks away from Michigan Avenue. The University is dedicating a lot of resources toward advancing academics, building top notch facilities, and awarding more scholarships. Ultimately, college is what you make of it, and Loyola has all of the resources any student would need. Do not be afraid of the price tag...Loyola offers a ton of scholarships and it will be worth it. Besides, you only go to college once or twice in life ;)
4th Year Male -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: A-

I transferred to Loyola University from Benedictine Universi

Dec 04 2013Biology
I transferred to Loyola University from Benedictine University in Lisle. This has to be the best decision of my life.

Yes, the school is expensive, but you pay for what you get at Loyola.
I have met many great people and learned so much since I came here. I have grown as a person both socially and spiritually. I feel like I actually belong here. I am very outgoing and know a good number of people here, and I cannot say that the people here are snooty and arrogant like people make them out to be. There are of course some people who are like that (very much like that), but the majority of the people here are great. A lot of people from the suburbs like myself, but I have met a lot of out-of-state/international students as well.

The residence halls are beyond what I could have asked for; I feel like I live in a hotel. I have been to other residence halls, and while I would say that I got put into one of the nicest ones, the residence halls are pretty nice.

The food is really good for college food. You have a really wide selection, but finding something healthy can be tricky at times. I recommend going to Subway and the Gourmet Sandwiches shops near campus.

My classes have all been very, very hard. But I earned an A in every one but one (I have a B+ in organic chemistry). I personally enjoy the challenge; Loyola professors push you to do your very best, but they also help you whenever you ask for it. Of my six professors, I would say that five are good at teaching.

There is a lot to get involved in here, but unfortunately as a biology major it is hard to find the time to do so. I would have joined so many more clubs had I had the time, but I am currently in AMSA, the Italian Club, and the Residence Hall Association. All 3 have been positive experiences so far.That pretty much covers it. The school is not perfect, but it sure is very good. After coming from a school where I was miserable for a year, I can say that what you put in at Loyola is what you get out. Trust me, I know what a bad university is. And it is not Loyola.

1st Year Male -- Class 2016