StudentsReview ™ :: Loyola University Chicago

Females 5
Males 2
Avg years at University 3.1

Apr 30 2012English

Don't, attend to this school horrible money thirsty administration. The education is average compare to other schools.

I am a Loyola grad

Jun 20 2008Other
I am a Loyola grad. I actually attended the Mallinkrodt, Sheridan Road, Maywood and Water Tower campuses. I took a required course one summer at the Water Tower campus. It was very pleasant with expert professors and pleasant students. Parking was pretty good as we were able to get validated parking within the garage. I would strongly suggest that any student who attends any of Loyola's campuses, try to take at least one class at the Water Tower site.

So far, the grad program has been really

Nov 09 2005Biology
So far, the grad program has been really fulfilling. I am working closely with a professor and teaching a class as a TA. I was an undergrad here and had a great time, so I knew I wanted to stay. Loyola has a lot of focus in their science programs, so I feel really supported by the administration. I do have to do some running around, but I have plenty of time to sit and work on my own projects, not to mention a great professor helping me through when ever I hit a bump in the road. I really feel like I am being taught how to use my skills in the real world of scientific research.

I attended Loyola for two years as an

Jul 07 2005Social Work
I attended Loyola for two years as an undergraduate and one year as a graduate student. Loyola is good about presenting a great image and getting you to believe that they actually care about their student body. In reality, all they care about is how much money they can suck out of you. Their financial aid program is just an illusion - they make you run through a million hoops until you've reached the point that you become so frustrated that you don't want to even bother anymore. There are some decent professors at Loyola who truly care, but just like the students, they are caught up in a highly bureaucratic system and just as unable to break through the red tape. When I have a question or problem, I have now been reduced to having to call and e-mail people everyday - and have learned from experience to log all of these communications. I do not like to have to go above people's heads, but I've been forced to do it repeatedly at this school, just to get simple answers questioned. If given the chance to go back in time, I would have never chosen to go to Loyola. Their complete lack of concern for their students affects every aspect of Loyola. If you have any desire to get a decent education, and especially if you are in need of financial support, please do not even bother with this place.

Any financial support they say they will give

Sep 27 2004Unknown
Any financial support they say they will give you is plagued with lies. It is economically foolish to go to graduate school at Loyola. The school itself is trying to get the graduate program to wither on the vine, so to speak, rather than taking direct hits at it. It looks benign, but it is neglectful. They have gotten themselves out of the red, but on the backs of students' financial status. I have basically mortgaged an already uncertain future because I am stuck at this pathetic school until I get my PhD.

This school sucks period! They give you a

Sep 18 2004Business - Management and Administration
This school sucks period! They give you a bunch of promises but never fulfill them. The good thing I have heard recently is that they give the first class for free in my area – can we say desperate. Since there is no social life and I have heard great things about DePaul I think I will go there after my first quarter and transfer my classes. Besides, I would rather lead an extraordinary life at DePaul than an unextraordinary at Loyola (at least the staff and most faculty seem unextraordinary from my experience thus far).

Ranking Similar Schools by Education Quality