StudentsReview :: Northwestern College - Chicago - Comments and Student Experiences

Cornell College -- Mount Vernon, IA
John Brown University -- Siloam Springs, AR
Princeton Theological Seminary -- Princeton, NJ

Northwestern College - Chicago

My complaint was received by the Better BusinessBrightPreLaw and Legal
My complaint was received by the Better Business Bureau on May 17, 2014. It was against Northwestern College at 7725 S Harlem Ave Bridgeview, IL 60455

I have copied and pasted Northwestern College's bull%^&* response to my complaint for you to see for yourself how they lie and cheat people out of their money. They didn't say this bull%^&* when they were recruiting me as a student and they won't say it to you either. Now they have my $45,000.00 and they could care a less about what happens to me. I'm a 3.67 GPA graduate.

Contact Name and Title: ******Contact Phone: *******Contact Email: ********
Ms. ***** is a graduate of Northwestern College's Paralegal Program. The College has various mechanisms in place to assist graduates in finding employment including a department of Career Services which is dedicated to this effort. It is my understanding Ms. ***** has not utilized the services of this department to assist with her job search. Of course there are many factors that contribute to a person's ability to secure employment including the overall economic climate, the candidates resume, experience, presentation and response to questions during the interview, etc. None-the-less, Northwestern College nor any other post-secondary institution guarantees employment after graduation. We invite and encourage Ms. ***** to reach out to our Department of Career Development for assistance with her job search.

They are also stating on the internet that all BBB complaints are resolved. That's a lie and I'm proof of that. I don't have a job, even after a year of trying to stay positive and being nice to these people and using this stupid service. I have stopped all contact with these people since July, 2015.

I have had two interviews with the same law firm in January of 2015 and one at Robert Half Legal in September of 2014. That was since I started using this service a year ago. The law firm was paying $12.00 an hour and I wanted that job to get my foot in the door of a law firm, but I wasn't offered the job. Robert Half Legal was offering $9.00 an hour and I declined. Staffing Now, wasn't even offering a job in the legal field. Those were my big offers in the past year. My student loans are $178.00 a month and I have to pay off $30,000.00, besides my living expenses.

I have copied and pasted the email exchanges with the bull%^&* ?Career Placement Service? for your review. She couldn't get anything right. She even sent my resume back to me with typo's, when there wasn't any typo's on it when I sent it to her. She couldn't even get something as simple as my email address correct.

From: ****** Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 6:05 PM To: Buoscio, Amy Subject: Re: Hi Amy,
My email is ******* I use a Nook tablet so I am very limited with Microsoft Word. I noticed that references is messed up on the resume. If I try to fix it on what I have available, which is Quick Office, it will mess everything on the resume up. I will register on the websites tonight. So, what should we do about the externship that I did? Leave it off? It's a good reference but I really didn't do much. Have a nice weekend. Thank you *****

From:"Buoscio, Amy" <>Date:Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 3:55 pm Subject:Your job search *****: Please let me know which email you prefer us to forward job leads. Your resume indicates ****** Let me know if this is the email you prefer. Thanks, Amy Buoscio

From:"*******" <*****>Date:Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 6:30 pm Subject:Re: Your job search Dear Ms Buoscio,

We went over this already. I have copied and pasted that message that I sent you on June 20th.
Friday, June 20, 2014 6:05 PM >>>> To: Buoscio, Amy >>>> Subject: Re: >>>>>> Hi Amy, >> My email is ******oreen@ yahoo.com. >> I use a Nook tablet so I am very limited with > Microsoft >> Word. I noticed that references is messed up on the > resume. >> If I try to fix it on what I have available, which is > Quick >> Office, >> it will mess everything on the resume up. I will > register >> on the websites tonight. So, what should we do about > the >> externship that I did? Leave it off? It's a good >> reference but I really didn't do much. Have a nice >> weekend. >> Thank you >> *****>>

From:"*******" <******>To: Buoscio, Amy Date:Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 10:11 pm Subject:Fw: Re: Your job search Amy, I saved the last attachment that you sent me back and just started downloading it everywhere like that form said because you sent it to me as Word and I wanted to keep it as Word. I thought you understood that it needed to be changed.on the resume when I said my email address is ****** when you were making corrections because I explained I couldnt make corections with Quick Office. I will to go to the library and fix that with their Word and then save it to their desktop and download it on all the sights again and then make new drafts with it attached. I can't do it with my Nook. Please send all job leads to ******* also.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2019
Perceived Campus Safety: B, Education Quality: F
This school is the worst school I haveNursing
This school is the worst school I have ever attended. They are not accredited , and I was told they were by an advisory. THEY Charge way to much for an Associate degree and only worry about making money.They do not care about the students. Most of my teachers do not have a teaching degree.I had two teachers who did not know what a rubric is and it seems as if they grade you on if they like you or not.
You are going to
You are going to make one of the biggest investments of your life. This is not the place to put your money. There will MOST likely be no return on your investment. Stay away!
Compare NC-ChicagoSave NC-Chicago

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→