StudentsReview :: Parkland College - Comments and Student Experiences

Parkland College

I attended a summer class at Parkland, and

Nov 11 2011Public Health
I attended a summer class at Parkland, and the faculty and staff 'stressed' student responsibility, when they themselves took little to no responsibility for their own work. I am a University student where I receive help and plenty of information and Parkland was not even close to where it should be with helpfulness or approach-ability. It was also quite a 'blow-off' school as a whole.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Surrounding City: C+, Education Quality: F

I did not expect to enjoy Parkland as

Feb 08 2006Undecided
I did not expect to enjoy Parkland as much as I have. I have made great friends through organizations and working at the college. My teachers have been phenominal. Parkland is a great school to go to when you come from a smaller school like I did. It provides the college atmosphere without the large university shock. I really feel that it will be extremely hard for the University that I transfer to, to surpass what I have experienced here.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2006
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Social Life: B-

I have attended here before when I was

Sep 03 2010Other
I have attended here before when I was younger and am now returning to have a career change. I have found that the students have greatly changed and do not try as much as they should. They want the instructors to do the homework for them, don't want to attend class and tests are a waste of time for them. The instructors here are very patient, and bend over backwards to help these students. The facilities here are beautiful, with plenty of trees and flowers on the grounds, large parking lots, and picnic tables available as well as benches to sit on. What people should know is that the place offers over 100 degree and certificate programs, has a Center for Academic Success in which students go to receive help in almost any subject that they might need special tutoring, and the instructors are all instructors not teachers aids or assistants like at the big universities. It is getting a bit crowded having been built to hold 9000 students and now has about twice that number.
4th Year Female -- Class 2011