StudentsReview :: Rockford University - Comments and Student Experiences

I am a current freshmen, but I planQuite BrightPolitical Science
I am a current freshmen, but I plan on transferring in the fall to a different school. You need to have a very specific personality type to get the quintessential Rockford experience. Basically, what I am saying is that not to be big party person, or better yet to be a druggie. No social life and the city is just as bad, nothing there. The food is served in what is called BURPEE and let me tell it is rank among the campus and world one of the worst colleges for food ever, you will want to go home every weekend and break just to taste something real and just to get away with the boredom. The school advertises an extreme amount of diversity do not let that fool you; there precisely are 7 Hispanics, 25 Blacks so that states that the school is predominantly white and racism is experienced, there are also only two black professors and they are experiencing racism from the faculty.If you want to work on campus you pretty much have to be white as there are no minority workers; they do interviews. The classwork is not challenging I received an high G.P.A. one that I couldn't have gotten close in high school which seemed to be way harder. The college is so small that anyone living in Rockford had never heard of it nor know where the school located its sad; there is no sports scene either they lose every game which is funny because they hype the students and school up a lot to watch them lose. The campus is very unkept the blinds the windows in the dorm buildings and classrooms look like a 7 year olds teeth and unless you are in the quite dorm like I am you are living in a dumb, no cleans up after themselves it is discussing. the kids and I mean every class and student is stuck in high school there is a large amount of gossip the goes around and childlike behavior it is not funny. What I am telling you is that do not apply the administration does not help with anything, the school traps you by making you taking courses that does not apply to other universities so do your self and your parents pockets a favor and do not attend. The school is way to expensive to not get you employed after you graduate. the school also doesn't admit to how many transfers and dropouts they get even before the end of semesters.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Useful Schoolwork: A, Education Quality: F
This school really is what you make outQuite BrightEconomics
This school really is what you make out of it. The Economics and Business programs seem to be decent programs with some good faculty members. All faculty are very approachable and actually encourage you to get help outside of class. This is a campus that from a structural standpoint is old but the new president has a vison and over 25 million is being poured into campus over the next five years. Some improvements include new additions onto the Seaver Gymnasium Complex installing a fieldhouse and new weight rooms. They also are planning to remodel most of the classrooms and the Burpee Center which is the main building on campus. This school really has the potential to be a great school in the upcoming years. New residence complexes are needed to make it a more residential based school. As a student living on campus, it does get frustrating at times when it comes to social activities. Their is a small percentage of students that actually live on campus making the community small. If your coming here expecting a big time college party life, you will be majorly disappointed. If you plan on living on campus you almost need to be an athlete. Participating in athletics is a positive here however with great coaches and support. Overall, I am satisfied with my decision to attend this school. It is a small campus that allows for close relationships with not only faculty but the student body as a whole. The resources for success are available at this school its just up to you to make use of them.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Individual Value: A+, Surrounding City: C-
So, I went to this school as aQuite BrightPreVet and Veterinary
So, I went to this school as a Pre-vet major from 2008 to 2009, but I ended up switching majors (I'm now an art major) because their biology program sucks. Their bio department consisted of three professors, I won't mention their names, but two were nice and one of them was a total jerk. His tests were terrible and he gave us very little direction on how to do the animal dissections, but would take off points for every little thing. When I found out that only he was going to be available as a teacher next semester, I just left my major, even though I had been sure it was what I wanted to do for a long time in high school. Anyway, that wasn't the extent of my problems with Rockford. The campus is badly maintained and the parking lots are full of pot holes. The dorm I lived in was dirty and had bug and mice infections, and the residence hall guy brushed off my complaints about that entirely. I had problems with vandalism and girls talking about me behind my back, and was able to make very few friends. Extra-curriculars may as well not exist because they often get so few people for each club. I tried really hard at this school and all I got to show for it was a lot of debt and a lot of snobby bitches making fun of me. These kids are mostly from the suburbs so if you're poorer or from downstate they will be all cliquey and avoid you. You think you get more mature and evolved by college age but these kids are mostly still stuck in junior high, with childish pranks and shit. Which is cool, I can kind of understand seeing as how little there is to do around campus. I wouldn't even think of coming here without a car, either. The snow is so bad throughout most of the college year that walking places like I did was a nightmare. And to get to the mall you need a car or you need to take the bus, which in my experience was unreliable and kind of scary. The inability to leave campus due to not having a car drove me insane, I was soo bored. There is no greek activity, and the staff tends to be conservative and frown on partying activities (i.e. booze), so you can get in serious trouble for having alcohol or being loud in certain dorms. At first I signed up to live in the "quiet" dorm but not only was it totally boring, they bugged me about every little peep they heard from my room. I had to apologize for things like watching TV during the day or talking to my mom on the phone at night, because the walls are paper thin. Sure I made a few friends and the faculty were mostly great people, but most of the people I met were stiff, formal, standoffish, bureaucratic, snobby, and catty. They are more Christian and more conservative than you might expect. And basically, you're living somewhere where there's nothing to do except drink on a campus that makes having fun at that almost impossible. And the educational value was pitiful. This school costs way more than it should, it's so pretentious. No one's heard of it because it's so small, so it doesn't have a reputation to speak of. And I didn't learn anything there academically that I'm not learning better right now, at my local community college, for a lot less.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2010