StudentsReview ™ :: Roosevelt University - Comments and Student Experiences

Northern Illinois University -- DeKalb, IL
Dartmouth College -- Hanover, NH
Saint John's University -- Jamaica, NY

Roosevelt University

I actually have mixed reviews about this university

Oct 10 2013Education
I actually have mixed reviews about this university. I had an acceptable, positive experience the first time I attended for a series of courses. My reviews are averaged with the bad experience I had in a different field upon returning to take subsequent courses. Let's just say, you might want to consider another university before deciding on this school. I attended courses at the Schaumburg Campus and made it to the end of the program only to have the instructor fail me so that I could not receive my certificate. In retrospect, I realized that if you report one instructor for being racist, belligerent, or unfair, they will discuss those problems with another instructor. That will start a chain reaction for further maltreatment. That's what happened to me. A collective effort by the whole department to make sure I failed my last course. The final analysis, I owe student loans for a certificate that I probably will never receive. Be very careful attending here because if you cannot secure employment, how will you pay back the loan. Not only did I not receive this certificate, but I could not find a job after taking the first set of courses in another field. So that is money that I owe back as well. So basically, this school received all of this financial aid, but their courses are not worth the piece of paper they are printed on apparently. I must also add that while attending at this campus, I was in the minority. There are not many people who represent all or even part of the nationalities and races that most universities represent. Good luck and I hope you get everything you are looking for.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Education Quality: F

This college is

Mar 31 2013Unknown
This college is.....meh.
It's not even a traditional college. No parties, & there's not much drinking either. People aren't really all that friendly. They just go to class, learn, & then go home. When students aren't doing that, they're working. It's really hard to make new friends here, almost like being in high school again.

I've had a few good teachers, but one of them was self-absorbed & the other teacher had a heavy accent so I couldn't understand a word that he was saying. Only fun thing about this university is that it's near the Woodfield Mall. Other than that, you're out of options...I'm planning to go to graduate school somewhere else as soon as I'm done at Roosevelt(Schaumburg). If you get accepted somewhere else, please don't go here.

1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: B-, University Resource Use: F

What an absolute NIGHTMARE Roosevelt, Schaumburg campus has

Feb 19 2013Accounting
What an absolute NIGHTMARE Roosevelt, Schaumburg campus has been. I've wasted over $40,000 on horrible class schedules, the worst teachers I've ever encountered, and an impossible faculty. It's extremely difficult to get any office department to respond to you and I've had way too many problems to list.

The Schaumburg campus offers nothing to the student, yet we still have to pay $25,000 a year...with no true benefits. No education. The old, crotchety accounting teachers are horrendous. Please, please save yourself and find a different school. It's tempting since the Schaumburg campus is conveniently located. IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2013