StudentsReview :: Roosevelt University - Comments and Student Experiences

Dartmouth College -- Hanover, NH
Saint John's University -- Jamaica, NY

Roosevelt University

I had a wonderful experience at Roosevelt.Quite BrightPolitical Science
I had a wonderful experience at Roosevelt. I was in the Political Science department and thought it was everything I wanted from a small college. The social justice mission is so cohesive-- it does not matter what you want to study, they WILL find a way for you to change the world with your degree. Most people simply don't choose to carry that on after college is over. For some of the complaints I've heard about Roosevelt from other people, I've usually found most of those problems at nearly all educational institutions. Millenials want everything in one, nice package and it just doesn't happen that way.

I had a great social life because I balanced it between friends on-campus and friends that were just living in Chicago. I was really involved and made that effort whereas many who were unhappy did not. If you're going to go to Roosevelt, don't bother with Schaumburg-- the heart of Roosevelt is downtown and that's where the happiest people are. The school is a racial harmony beyond any place I've ever been and I am still so proud of that fact as an alumnus. Overall, Roosevelt is a wonderful, extremely liberal small private school that will prepare you to change the world. If you don't like what that will inevitably offer, you'll hate it. If you're looking for a very supportive environment, an awesome mission, and a tight-knit student body, you'll surely love it.

Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B
Roosevelt is a great school, I have intelligentQuite BrightHistory/Histories (art history/etc.)
Roosevelt is a great school, I have intelligent professors who are great mentors. Really I have only had one professor that I did not care for. I started at the Schaumburg campus and then had to commute downtown since they moved my program. It is not what I wanted, but I am dealing with the long commute. My biggest issue is that when I applied to this school I was told it was the perfect place for adult learners, and then I arrived there was 85% young adults. It could be better for the price, $26000 grand seems to high for a university of this size. Only one more semester to go.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: B
This university is the worst university I haveQuite BrightPsychology
This university is the worst university I have attended in my undergraduate journey. This is my third school and if I was not so close to graduating I would transfer ASAP. My problem with Roosevelt is not the academics although I will say I think for what you will pay you can get a better quality education. My problem is the administration! I have had more problems with financial aid then I can even count. You will talk to several people who will most likely give you 10 different answers. No one seem to really know or to be interested in what's going on. For the past year it has been a constant struggle to get my refund and it's been an even bigger struggle to get the help needed to figure out why it is such a big production. Please save your money or invest it in a better school. YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR $$$ WORTH. Save yourself
1st Year Female -- Class 2014