StudentsReview :: Roosevelt University - Comments and Student Experiences

Northern Illinois University -- DeKalb, IL
Dartmouth College -- Hanover, NH
Saint John's University -- Jamaica, NY

Roosevelt University

Nov 23 2014History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Roosevelt is a great school, I have intelligent professors who are great mentors. Really I have only had one professor that I did not care for. I started at the Schaumburg campus and then had to commute downtown since they moved my program. It is not what I wanted, but I am dealing with the long commute. My biggest issue is that when I applied to this school I was told it was the perfect place for adult learners, and then I arrived there was 85% young adults. It could be better for the price, $26000 grand seems to high for a university of this size. Only one more semester to go.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: B
Jun 06 2014Psychology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
This university is the worst university I have attended in my undergraduate journey. This is my third school and if I was not so close to graduating I would transfer ASAP. My problem with Roosevelt is not the academics although I will say I think for what you will pay you can get a better quality education. My problem is the administration! I have had more problems with financial aid then I can even count. You will talk to several people who will most likely give you 10 different answers. No one seem to really know or to be interested in what's going on. For the past year it has been a constant struggle to get my refund and it's been an even bigger struggle to get the help needed to figure out why it is such a big production. Please save your money or invest it in a better school. YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR $$$ WORTH. Save yourself
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Collaboration/Competitive: A-, Individual Value: F
Oct 10 2013Education
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I actually have mixed reviews about this university. I had an acceptable, positive experience the first time I attended for a series of courses. My reviews are averaged with the bad experience I had in a different field upon returning to take subsequent courses. Let's just say, you might want to consider another university before deciding on this school. I attended courses at the Schaumburg Campus and made it to the end of the program only to have the instructor fail me so that I could not receive my certificate. In retrospect, I realized that if you report one instructor for being racist, belligerent, or unfair, they will discuss those problems with another instructor. That will start a chain reaction for further maltreatment. That's what happened to me. A collective effort by the whole department to make sure I failed my last course. The final analysis, I owe student loans for a certificate that I probably will never receive. Be very careful attending here because if you cannot secure employment, how will you pay back the loan. Not only did I not receive this certificate, but I could not find a job after taking the first set of courses in another field. So that is money that I owe back as well. So basically, this school received all of this financial aid, but their courses are not worth the piece of paper they are printed on apparently. I must also add that while attending at this campus, I was in the minority. There are not many people who represent all or even part of the nationalities and races that most universities represent. Good luck and I hope you get everything you are looking for.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013