StudentsReview :: Triton College - Comments and Student Experiences

Triton College

Quite BrightPreMed and Medical
I am extremely disappointed in the experience at Triton so far. I am likely leaving.
1st Year Male -- Class 2012
Campus Aesthetics: C, Education Quality: F
I believe I got a quality education fromRadiological Sciences
I believe I got a quality education from Triton College. With that said, I would never recommend this school to anyone. The offices are completely unorganized, slow to get work done, and every time you contact them you get a different story about how things are done and how quickly they will be accomplished. My first year with Triton I was unable to attend classes because the school had lost my application folder. Even though I had contacted them prior to the deadline and the folder was resubmitted, I was told that I wasn't qualified because I did not have my math class up to date-- I had tested out of the math class six months prior at Triton. Throughout the program paperwork was done haphazardly ad if you don't contact people several times about the same thing it will get lost or done so slowly it is as if it were never done. After graduation I gave the school an additional week beyond what I had been told would be needed to apply for my official transcript. Three different times different people told me that once a request was in that it was mailed the day grades were posted. Even though my teacher completely forgot to post grades for my class (everyone graduated with no grades turned in), the school still did not send the transcript until after a week after grades were posted. I had gone in to the school twice, contacted my teachers multiple times, and called three different times in an attempt to get the transcripts when I needed to turn them into the national registry board in my field, but instead I still have no transcript and have lost $200 in processing fees. If you would like to attend this school please be aware that you will need to hold the hands of the employees and walk them through their jobs to see that you are successful here.
Triton College exists for the sole purpose ofAverageBusiness - Management and Administration
Triton College exists for the sole purpose of getting your gen eds out of the way as cheap as possible. I think its like 80 dollars per credit hour if you are in-district. You can do a lot of classes online. The consistency with the way classes are taught varies. You can have the same class but one will be insanely hard and another will be way to easy (which is not a bad thing). Triton isn't a real school but the courses transfer to four year universities. So why pay more goto triton.

If you attend classes at night it has more adult students which is nice. The night students are mostly working adults trying to better themselves which is what school is all about. During the day you have the younger students. You can tell which students are not going to make it to the end of the semester. Triton is very random in the diversity of its classes. Some classes such as the business Gen-Eds (accounting, economics) have dedicated hard working students trying hard to study and learn. But the Liberal arts Gen-Eds have people that have no business being in college. If you come to school to put off real life, thats fine, but at least do it quietly and don't interrupt the class.

The student body is fantastic overall because it is so diverse. People keep to their own race mostly but that is like anywhere in the chicago land area. But if you go up to anyone and spark a conversation with them no matter their backround 9 times out of 10 you will get a friendly response.

Lastly lemme say some things about triton that I have noticed. The counselors are useless. Sign up for classes online if you can its much easier. don't wait in the take a number deli line to see a counselor. the only two things the counselors will do for you is sign you up for unpopular classes that need filled and if you want to transfer to a 4 year they will give you a sheet that tells you vaguely what to take.

In closing if you're an attractive women that can't get into a 4 year, goto Triton. If you're an eastern european that needs to attend school or else you'll get deported, goto Triton. If you're an Italian-American that has an Italian flag on his car but speaks no Italian goto Triton. single mom working on her nursing degree? goto triton. Did badly in high school but noticed the only way to get a job is by getting a degree? Goto Triton. Poor? Goto Triton. Failed out of a state school but still want to show up to a school wearing the hoodie and sweats of your former alma-mater? OMG goto Triton (you'll only be their for one semester anyways right?....right?).

In closing the women are pretty. The cafeteria is segregated. When the classes end everyone runs to their cars and drives away as fast as possible. If you don't own a car and have to go to north ave. to get on a bus that distance is known as the "walk of shame". Stay away from the campus police they are real cops and demand to be respected for being Cops, and therefore only exist to F with you.

I feel as though I am missing something....Oh yeh the teachers! at triton their are 3 types. First you have the young professors. all you need at triton is a masters and triton has some really good fresh out of school teachers. The young professors have to travel around from school to school teaching wherever they can but they are the most dedicated teachers you will meet. They still care about their students at this point and have not given up and become are second type. The second type of teacher is the worst. They are teachers that want the respect of teaching at a real school but don't have what it takes to get hired by one. These teachers take every chance they get to flex what little power they have. And finally the greatest teachers at triton, the women who once worked in the private sector but wanted more time to spend with their families. These Ladies have a wealth of experience that you cannot get anywhere else. They pass on real world knowledge while still covering the required coursework. Anyways goto triton DO IT!

2nd Year Male -- Class 2010