StudentsReview :: Trinity International University Illinois - Comments and Student Experiences

Colgate Rochester Divinity School-Bexley Hall-Crozer Theological Seminary -- Rochester, NY

Trinity International University Illinois

Some of the students were jerks and excluded

Jun 20 2014Psychology
Some of the students were jerks and excluded others. They were arrogant.
I was stressed more because of the social part than the academic part. In my opinion, if you hate or dislike the social part and are doing everything you can to actively make friends, then the school is not the right fit. If you are artsy, I would not recommend this school. I would go to a school more focused on arts. This school is not an artistic type of school. Sadly, sensitive people who do not get into the cliques can feel overwhelmed. I do think TIU has some good points, but I would have preferred attending a school that was less stressful. I was not happy here.
Preparedness: B+ Reputation: D+

Educationally, the school is decent

Apr 28 2013Communications
Educationally, the school is decent. But there are only three types of students at Trinity.
1. The kids who in their minds are "The Best Christians" & are not only close minded but also arrogant to the other students on campus.

2. The rebels who want the "classic" college experience with alcohol, drugs & sex.
3. The small portion of students who fit in neither mold and eventually transfer.Goodluck.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F

I agree with the other comment

Jul 21 2013Psychology
I agree with the other comment.
Students are arrogant toward other students.
I have been to many schools (over 12) who have less arrogant students.
The schools have students who gossip and are really not who they claim to be.Also, several students do think they are perfect Christians. In my opinion, many of the girls are arrogant and exclude girls who are different for whatever reason. There was a time I gave a speech and a girl laughed at me. People are inconsiderate. I attended another Christian university which really seemed more Christian in the community sense. People in TIU really need to learn how to be genuine and realize that pretending to be a certain way is tiring. Girls here are arrogant and only care about popularity and their boyfriends. There are nice people here, but a vast majority specificically the women were not supportive friends and ignored and alienated people without caring how they treated people outside of their cliques.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2012