StudentsReview :: Trinity International University Illinois - Comments and Student Experiences

Colgate Rochester Divinity School-Bexley Hall-Crozer Theological Seminary -- Rochester, NY

Trinity International University Illinois

I have been dealing with several classmates who

Feb 01 2012Religion/Religious
I have been dealing with several classmates who seem very arrogant cliquish snobby and self obsessed with no regard for manners the students in my classes text in class and are inconsiderate sometimes I feel invisible and uncared for sometimes I feel like I am the only sensitive creative and polite quiet student some students gossip are judgemental materialistic and rude some students on sports team seem to hold the belief that they can get away with more in class I have been excluded from group work on numerous occassions and the students know I behave differently I should not feel guilty for being different I should not feel bad because I am quiet those who judge will be judged those who are self obsessed and prideful and enjoy being the best at the expense of others those who are unhelpful self absorbed will have a tough life later they may be happy now stomping on the feelings of others and making others feel threatened or being unnaproachable but rest assured they will be punished by god eventually bottom line if you don't like social games cliques gossip and immaturity social garbage and distraction and if you are quiet creative and are yourself and down to earth DO NOT SET FOOT HERE your spirit will be broken you will be judged and hurt unless you choose not to let all of the jerks let you feel less than you are1
1st Year Female -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A, Innovation: D

Some of the students are very rude, excluding,

Jan 31 2012Unknown
Some of the students are very rude, excluding, judgemental. the fact that this school claims to be Christian is almost laughable I do not know the hearts of the students, but their behavior proves otherwise as to being loving and open. The cliques at TIU make it a challenge for anyone who is quiet or a transfer to adjust let alone survive. The students who appear "wealthier" are often overly prideful and appear snobby and self-obsessed. It seems that cliques and friendships form at TIU if you seem to have what it takes to look good. It seems relationships specifically friendships are based on how much you have or what you own. It seems like there are many shallow people at TIU who base their worth on what they own and how presentable they appear to everyone else. This is a shame considering that there is more to life than simply fitting in at all costs. Alot of people are always leaving campus by car. The weekends here frankly SUCK. I really would advise not coming to TIU if you are a non conformist you will have a difficult time at TIU because most people like to blend in and have the latest stuff. People here are stuck up and seem to think they are awesome. Basically the narcissistic attitude and airheads at this school dont have much substance other than their designer.(fil-in-the blank) I got laughed at because I apparently was not fashionable enough. The students did not even know me. Again, I dislike the judgement, gossip, and immature, cliquish students at this school. They make me feel sick to my stomach. It is too bad that the school environment is interuptted by such arrogant and loud attention seeking garbish students.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A, Social Life: D

My experience has definitely been mixed

Dec 22 2011Religion/Religious
My experience has definitely been mixed. I will give the positive first. In my department, I have professors that actually care for your growth in the Lord. I have friends that are on fire for God. I have grown a lot in the Lord the past year and a half. Not to mention, a great library and the food is above average. Also, being near to Chicago is always a plus.

But here are the negatives, there is a lot of complacency on-campus. There are a lot of two-faced people. With no one caring about "Trinity expectations", they can get away with "unspeakables" on a Saturday and go to church on Sunday, as if nothing happens. People expect Chapel three days a week is enough, when its not. How you are judged is heavily based on how you can interact on-campus. It's extremely cliquey, if you are an athlete, you hang with athletes, music student with music students, etc. So the advice part. If you are looking for a Christ-centered university and expect to grow in Christ, the recipes are here. But it is your responsibility to put it together and put yourself in the oven and grow in God. Growth doesn't come on a silver platter. And it's like that at any Christian College. Recipes are 1)Be in God's word and pray 2)find the RIGHT, Christ-centered friends, 3)let chapel enhance your walk with Christ, don't rely on it. (Find a Church to get plugged in at) 4) Don't stay in the "Bubble" be out in public (by public, I mean off campus.) Don't let judgement rule your life. There is judgement at every university. If you want to prove wrong to judgement, just live your life and people will shut-up. And if you are an athlete that doesn't love or believe in God and/or expect this college to be the gateway to the big-times. Only one football player and one baseball player made it to the big times in the past 12 years. And you never heard of their name. So if you are in it for the sports, don't waste 30 grand, to play a sport that will get you nowhere professional. If you are an athlete that loves God and want to grow, I highly recommend it. And for the person that loves to party, its not a party school either and you will probably hate being here.

1st Year Male -- Class 2014