StudentsReview :: Trinity International University Illinois - Comments and Student Experiences

Colgate Rochester Divinity School-Bexley Hall-Crozer Theological Seminary -- Rochester, NY

Trinity International University Illinois

I guess I have seen both sides of

Jul 24 2011Business - Management and Administration
I guess I have seen both sides of the coin, I went to a christian private university and then transfer to a public university (non-religious.) Overall, the course work from my perspective is not at all what my career demanded. The business curriculum is not that difficult. From the academic stand point, it seemed as challenging as High school work.

Spiritually I can't speak for the entire school, but it is definitely complacent. Things definitely went around, and the faculty turn a blind eye the reasons who knows? The staff is friendly as is the student body, but I felt like I was in a christian bubble.

Doesn't really matter now, though, I transferred to UIC, seeing as how they have a great business program. If TIU, is for you, then go for it, I was just not challenged spiritually or academically enough to stay.

1st Year Female -- Class 2012
Friendliness: A, Social Life: F

Trinity promotes itself as being a Christ-centered place

Sep 10 2007Religion/Religious
Trinity promotes itself as being a Christ-centered place that prepares you to go out into the world with a strong Christian foundation. The faculty and administration seem committed to this idea, but are sometimes oblivious to what is actually going on amongst the students on campus. Often the staff would see a great Christian community, when in actuality the campus was not doing so well in terms of spirituality. The school also has a lot of rules for its students to follow. At times it felt like my parents were still there holding my hand, helping me take baby steps through life. That may be fine for some, but I did not particularly enjoy it, and I think it actually hinders one's future decision-making skills.
1st Year Male -- Class 2010
Friendliness: A+, Social Life: F

I write this simply because it appears as

Mar 14 2008Other
I write this simply because it appears as if no one has shared this information about TIU-
If I were to be sharing my insight about life at TIU to a friend thinking of going to trinity this is what I would want them to know...

It is not all that is seems at first glance. Although people seem friendly at first depth is not easily found on TIU's campus. Spiritually it is very complacent and dead. The move of compassion is something I have praying for since I got there. It is very heart breaking to see those of campus caught up in continuos gossip which makes social status at tiu such an important role in your experience there. The community expectations are simply a joke. It is a list of rules that the school does not enforce. This has lead to many issues being swept under the rug. There are so many "unspoken" things at TIU that a blind eye is turned to just because the student is an athlete or is a well known and well liked student on campus. It is very dissapointing to see so much go unresolved. Eventually things will be brought into the light and the secrets will come out. But as a friend i urge you to really pray about the decision of coming to trinity. I worry that it can be a very disheartening and dissapointing experience for those that come looking to grow as indivuals and leave hurt from being a part of a social game.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2009