StudentsReview :: The University of Chicago - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Chicago

Dec 28 2013Economics

One of the most academically challenging universities in the world. If you don't have a passion for learning go elsewhere.

Education Quality: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: B-

This school and the expereinces it has provided

Feb 13 2012English
This school and the expereinces it has provided me have been wonderful. I have never learned and changed so much as a person. People with negative comments need to give this place another chance. The University of Chicago like many other places is what you make of it. First year is tough for a good reason. It's easy to find people here you'll like, there are so many people here with so many interests. The University gives students many opportunities to do what they enjoy. I have met so many interesting people. The education and the core is amazing.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2013
Campus Aesthetics: A+, University Resource Use: A-

I had a fantastic experience at the U

Aug 13 2012Religion/Religious
I had a fantastic experience at the U of C--I met a lot of amazing people, and thought that the academics were stellar. I really thrived from the opportunity to take small seminar classes from top academics. It's a place for big thinkers, not close-minded vocational climbers. Insights come not only in class, but also at the house table or with friends from student organizations.Despite the University's famously non-practical approach to academics, my time here taught me to think, and that's something that both grad schools and companies respect. With my humanities degree, I had a (management) job offer for a great company, making much more money than I deserved, and also a full scholarship offer from a top graduate school in my field. As long as you excel academically and in RSO involvement, you can easily be a top prospect for recruiters or grad schools.
4th Year Male -- Class 2012