StudentsReview :: Ball State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Ball State University

Horrid "school.Super BrilliantAccounting
Horrid "school." I HATE it here. They have the worst website ever devised, they make students park half an hour away, the employees are rude and lazy, the parking spots are too small and rare, they have HORRID customer service, their wifi does not work half the time, their email does not work frequently, and I could go on. Literally the worst "school" I could have chosen. What did I do to deserve this hell hole of a "school?"
1st Year Male -- Class 1921
If you want human interaction, this is theQuite BrightArt & Design Department
If you want human interaction, this is the wrong school. No sense of community. Got paired up with a heroin addict as my first roommate and a kleptomaniac as my second. Spent many nights sleeping outside or walking until the sun came up, knowing full well that my money was being wasted. Hall director did nothing to help me, took two months to find a new room for me on both occasions. To top it all off, he sexually harassed me at the end of the year. I tried reporting this to the administration, but they did nothing. Our president left with our money less than a year after getting the job, things are not well in this organization. Dating seems to be done through tindr exclusively. People are uncomfortable with socializing outside of internet platforms. There is no feeling of anything being held as cool or interesting to the student body, fads come from online, not from the students. Core classes require you to use social media or risk failing, in addition to spending resources on promoting classes on social media. If you aren't someone who tells everyone about how they're gay or trans, you will NOT do well in any department that has the slightest potential for liberal tendencies. I consider myself liberal and I feel as if I'm going against the grain of the universe when I'm there. Many people ready to jump down your throat and put you down for not following whatever trend is big on social media. This goes for the professors as well. I have less opportunities because I am a white, middle class male who doesn't see it necessary to inform others of my sexual activities out of privacy. Extremely close minded and indoctrinated student body. The big joke of it all is how few of these social justice/social media types follow through with anything they say they believe. 98% of the 'activist' student population eagerly buys Apple products, drinks Starbucks coffee, shops at Walmart, allows facebook to control they're mating habits through Tinder, but will stop traffic and beat on your car in a protest just for being there. Example: the only anti-rape demonstration is called the slut walk. It is performed on campus, the most secure part of Muncie, in broad daylight. Self-absorbed special snowflakes of all shapes and sizes get to walk around naked and impress guilty feelings on all of those who do not participate. If these people truly wanted to change anything about rape, they'd do their naked demonstration at 4 in the morning on Martin Luther King Drive, where people are actually getting hurt/hurting innocent people. Or, you know, actually do something in their day to day lives when they see someone creepy at a party, put positivity back in the world. If you want to get away with being a creep, get a man bun, call yourself poly-sexual and you will be drowning in genitals, consensual and otherwise. No one will bat an eye because of how you identify, and the school will not prosecute you out of fear of a title 9 discrimination lawsuit. This may sound like a crazy rant, but all of this is based from my two semesters I've spent there so far.The same people who talk about nebulous concepts such as "destroying the patriarchy," same ones who lez out for a month to piss off mommy and daddy, are also the same people who will have unwavering support for Wahab Islam, which is run by one of the few legitimate patriarchies in the world, the Saudi Royal family. I could go on for ages, all of this self-nullifying behavior will make you want to put a gun in your mouth or get really, really high. All of my good friends are in choir, chemistry, sports, etc. Do yourself a big favor if you're a creative person at Ball State, and join a choir or a knitting club or ANYTHING where the people won't be concerned with how cool they may or may not look. I am not joking, you will be in for a lonely, isolated, waste of money if you try to interact with your peers.
1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F
That place is garbage.Criminal
That place is garbage. who wastes their time to come after you about a parking ticket 3 years later. a ticket they caused when they didn't tell anyone they had to move out of a parking lot that I had a pass for. bunch of jackasses. i will contribute nothing to their cause because of petty things like this. Try to jack up my credit to get 100 bucks. must be really struggling from all the other money you stole from me those 4 years. will not ever do anything to help them
Compare BSUSave BSU