StudentsReview :: Hanover College - Comments and Student Experiences

Indiana University -- Bloomington, IN

Hanover College

Small campus with a

Jan 29 2013Psychology
Small campus with a greek system. This system absolutely tears students apart from each other. The school is so small that everyone knows your business, which is negative. I have too many negative memories and would never encourage my own children to attend such a small, and unknown, college.
Preparedness: B- Reputation: D

My college hurt me with it's rigid stance

Jun 12 2010Unknown
My college hurt me with it's rigid stance in the liberal arts. I should have transferred to a larger school as soon as I knew I was interested in the computer field. At the time Hanover had no computer courses. I requested to do my independent study on a computer programming language but the Mathematics Dept would not allow it. I have always been disappointed that they were so close-minded.
Starting Job: Programmer Preparedness: F Reputation: F

Hanover College will make you a better writer,

Oct 08 2010Art & Design Department
Hanover College will make you a better writer, thinker, and overall more successful person than a huge state school. The professors actually challenge you to do your best. There is no grade inflation like at the big schools because your grade is a direct reflection of the work you do.

Several of my classmates (and myself) have gone on to graduate schools and have been highly successful. I have a wonderful job that I love and would not have gotten it without the reputation that Hanover College students have.

Some of the negative marks have been related to the surrounding community. Sure, Madison is no Indianapolis, but there are things on campus that will keep you busy. Learning to make your own fun is a life skill, too!I highly recommend Hanover!

Starting Job: HR Specialist Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A