StudentsReview :: International Business College - Fort Wayne - Comments and Student Experiences

International Business College - Fort Wayne

International Business College is a con school.AverageDesign Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
International Business College is a con school. I know that is harsh, but they do. At the beginning you get an administrative assistant, kind of like a guidance councilor, to help you pick you major, walks you around the school, and introduces the school as an awesome learning place. Then the councilor will talk about the money situation and how they wont charge you till after you graduate. HOWEVER your parents will be paying a good portion while you are attending. They tell you so much stuff yet it still isn't enough information. They leave A LOT of the financial stuff out along with how they hire the teachers. The teachers literally come out of nowhere. One of my teachers didn't even go to school to be a teacher. She went for graphic design wasn't doing so good and now has the job at IBC. She has no idea what she is doing and same with my other teacher. Anytime I ask a question, both of them have to go look up the answer on Google, or in a teacher's book they have. And I know this is normal with colleges, but one of my teachers will refuse to give A+. I asked my teacher what I did wrong for me not to get an A+ on this assignment and he just ignored me. I know he heard me because we were talking about an assignment that I turned in but he had lost. Another thing about IBC is the attendance rules. They will not make any exceptions for those rules, not even if you were in the hospital for a wreck. If you are not in school for the required time?your out. Do you I regret choosing this college? YES. And every time I think about it, it makes me want to cry because there is no way I will have enough money to go to a different one. International Business College is a joke, scam, rip-off, whatever you wish to call it. But that is all there is to it.

P.S. I recommend not going to this school.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Education Quality: F
Terrible place DO NOT GO. Grades are made up as they go and teachers are extremely rude
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Well to begin, my "major" wasn't even aQuite BrightOther
Well to begin, my "major" wasn't even a choice above, so I had to put Other. IBC: -1
I was attracted to IBC for the accelerated degree program, like most other students who attend; who wouldn't want a Bachelor's degree in less than three years? Score! Ha, what a joke.

My adviser somehow convinced me into taking Retail Management, instead of Accounting; she claimed Accounting was boring and with my personality, I'd fit well in Retail Management. Terrible mistake. So you have about a week, if I remember correctly, to switch majors, which is clearly not enough time to decide if you like it or not. I learned about becoming a salesperson, which is not even close to what I want to do, but at least I know where my adviser got her persuading skills from.

The classes are so elementary; I made the Dean's List without trying. (I swear I'm not bragging, it really was that easy.) There was never homework, which some people would applaud, but really? This is supposed to be college. The "student lounge" is extremely boring, as well as the whole campus. There is nothing exciting about the school, to say the least. Only two or three clubs, no sports, no extracurricular activities.

Half of the teachers could never stay on topic if their lives depended on it. My keyboarding teacher would go on and on about her mothers hip joints. Ew? My math teacher constantly giggled every time an answer to a question was 420, or any number similar to it. It was funny at first, but it got to the point that it ruined the class for me.I ended up cutting my losses and dropping out, which sounds terrible, but the money was not worth the "education." I would only suggest this school to someone who has money to blow, and simply wants to be able to say they went to college, because the degree you get here will more than likely not get you anywhere, besides a job at the gas station.

1st Year Female -- Class 2011