StudentsReview :: The Indiana Institute of Technology - Comments and Student Experiences

The Indiana Institute of Technology

My biggest complaint is the financial aid department

Nov 01 2012Psychology
My biggest complaint is the financial aid department and sometimes the Warrior Information Network. Financial aid makes you jump through hoops. They will change policy, not send any information that they are doing so and then you can't get financial aid on time. I will send emails to both Financial Aid and WIN and it's like I have to chase them to get a simple confirmation. It's absolutely unacceptable. I hired them, they should do their job. The Registrar is wonderful, the coursework is challenging and the professors are, for the most part, helpful, but I am looking for another school.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A, Individual Value: D+

The College of Professional Studies is designed to

May 14 2012Engineering Department
The College of Professional Studies is designed to bridge the gap between formal education and work experience. If you have a few years of work experience then this is a good way to finalize your resume. I would caution anyone whose wanting to use there programs as a mechanism to enter graduate school. The IME program isn't ABET accredited and most top grad programs require your undergraduate degree to have that accreditation. I suppose a BS in Business is more general; but Indiana Tech doesn't have the academic reputation of IU or Notre Dame.
Starting Job: Engineering Manager Preparedness: B Reputation: C

If I hard the choice I would not

Apr 05 2014Mechanical Engineering
If I hard the choice I would not return to tech. The number of commuters hurts the school. People live 45 minutes away, to far for them to come to campus events and too far to go to regularly. The social life is no existent. People just sit in their rooms unless they are an international student. Because many come here in the summer to learn English for the fall, they from large cliches that don't talk to others, take over dorm lobbies, re. Center equipment and are a pain for many people in the dorms. The food is below average to say the least. The only reason I am staying at Tech is because they have my money, credits don't transfer and I want to be out in Four years. Other wise I would turn and run.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016