StudentsReview :: ITT Technical Institute - Fort Wayne - Comments and Student Experiences

DeVry Institute of Technology Phoenix -- Phoenix, AZ

ITT Technical Institute - Fort Wayne

At first I was excited to start school.Quite BrightCriminal
At first I was excited to start school. ITT, it sounded like a good place to go. I did not understand the little things that come with starting school. My program (CJ) was and as far as I know still not accredited locally. If I had finished I could not take my degree to any other school locally to get my masters. In my three years at ITT, I saw two different chair heads. The first just up and left and the next at least told us they where leaving. I saw a large roll over of teachers/instructors some where understandable and others left because the instructors themselves felt that ITT was bad news. Lastly there was lying from the faculty. Financial aid is a never ending problem for anyone getting a degree. The way ITT sets up there financial aid has led to multiple problems with me transferring to a new school. I know am not alone this, cause as one of the first CJ student at ITT Fort Wayne I am with a large group that “went across the parking lot”. By far the worse example and sadly ignored by the faculty was a (sexual) relationship between a student and teacher. The teacher was removed, yet the school covered it up and I believe to this day still says it never happened, ITT says that the teacher was forced to leave cause of ITT policy on not teaching at other schools why teaching there. Even with this being said, there where more then a few teachers that did this and are still there. I left ITT in March of 2008; I miss the instructors that did try to teach us even with the micro-management going on. I will not miss being talked down like I am some kid, I paid to go school and learn. Sadly I feel I wasted my time, my money and in the long run still have a year to go to get a degree from a school that will let me go to other local schools.

ITT is like a car salesperson, they tell you what you want to hear, show you all the nice stuff you want to see….and then down the road you go with an over priced car (education) that is not going to do you any good and they laugh all the way to the bank.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2008
Faculty Accessibility: B, Collaboration/Competitive: F
First of all, I wanted to go toComputer Science
First of all, I wanted to go to school for web design but was told by the "representative" that that particular program wasn't starting the quarter I wanted to start. Thus he talked me into Networking by convincing me the only difference was a couple classes. Turns out he conned several people in my class into believing that as well. He was a salesman just wanting to get me to go there but knew absolutely nothing about the individual classes.

Secondly, the textbooks for the IT department are horrible. Paying this much money, you'd think they could afford official Microsoft books or something similar. Instead we got NIIT books, which we were constantly noticing errors. Almost every lab or exercise we were correcting errors. It was not uncommon for labs to start out with the phrase "Please make the following corrections in your book...".

Thirdly, class was not allowed to be dismissed early! This was the weird one. The teacher actually got in trouble if he (or she) dismissed class early! If we finished our labs, we just had to sit there, BUT we weren't allowed to be on the internet or playing a game.

For a socialogy type class, we just watched Survivor. For our capstone project (THE CAPSTONE PROJECT), we scrapped the actual project to design a real life network for the instructor's sister, though we never really did it. Everyone got an A as long as they showed up.

On a positive note, a few of the instructors actually did know what they were talking about and were interested in making sure we understood everything. The bad thing is it's so easy to get into this school, we had people in my COMPUTER NETWORKING class that had never really touched a computer before. And there were a few that literally read straight from the book or directly off slides (that they didn't create). Pretty much all tests are multiple choice and heavily curved. Course credits from ITT don't transfer to very many schools. The list could go on and on.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend going here unless it's a last resort. It's way too expensive and that money is better spent at a different college.

Compare ITT-Fort WayneSave ITT-Fort Wayne