StudentsReview :: Indiana University Bloomington - Comments and Student Experiences

Purdue University -- West Lafayette, IN

Indiana University Bloomington

Indiana university was not a good experience for

Feb 07 2015Accounting
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Indiana university was not a good experience for me. I went there my first year of college and it was the worst year of my life.

Let me tell you about the students here. The students can easily be grouped into certain categories:

1. "Townies" - townies are kids who grew up in Indiana (excluding NW indiana.) within the townie group there are two subcategories: the first is kids from the suburbs of Indianapolis. Carmel, Indiana, supposedly some wealthy suburb of Indianapolis, is where lots of these kids come from. They're very snooty and think they're rich. Bitch, please. You'd be middle ass at best in the Chicago suburbs. The second group of townies is Indiana kids who are a little more rural and middle class or lower. These kids are a lot more down to earth.

2. The "chicago kids." Let me start of by saying I am a "Chicago kid", I live in a middle class suburb 20 minutes north of downtown. But there are not many others like me. The Chicago kids you meet here will almost all be from the north shore-some of the wealthiest towns in the entire country north of Chicago along the lake. These students will ALL tell you they study business. Lots of them were rejected by the university of illinois, which is a much better school, but they're parents are wealthy and can afford to have them in Kelley even though it's out of state. These kids are the stereotypical frat boys, wearing polos every day and driving their daddy's escalades.

3. East coast kids: 95% of the east coast kids come from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. And they are ALL Jewish and ALL wealthy. It's easy to spot them on campus just by looking at them, it isn't hard. They usually have very dark black hair and large noses. They all either study business or law. Some are quite nice, some not so much. It really depends on the person. The east coast kids I met were some of the nicest and some of the rudest people I met at IU.

4. West coast kids: these kids are alright, I only knew a few of them and most of them are pretty fratty, but they're a lot better than the east coast kids.

5. Everyone else: makes up a tiny minority of the school. This group includes people outside of the coasts, illinois, and indiana. Lots are from Ohio, Kentucky, etc. I can't give you much here. Iys hit or miss with these kids, they're simply too diverse of a group.

This place is not safe

Dec 07 2014Undecided
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
This place is not safe. I repeat. this place is not safe. Especially for a small female. I hate this place and I wish I could afford to go to a better school. The art program is a joke and all the students are boring, loud, rude and generally just a bunch of losers with bad grades who just want to get black out drunk. If you want to party for a living, then go here. That's literally all there is to do. I have a few good friends, but mostly from high school. It is very difficult to find good, creative, kind people that don't constantly hit on you, try to have sex with you, or are generally douches. Ladies, don't trust a single guy. Everyone is an asshole who will assault you if you say no to sex. I hate this place and I wish I could afford somewhere better but I cannot. Three more hellish years at this dump of a school. The infrastructure is horrible and the place is literally falling apart. Its also wildly expensive with zero financial aid offered, unless you are a minority, then we are paying for you to go here. DO NOT GO HERE. Go somewhere that actually cares about you and specializes in what you want to do. Unless you wanna party, deal drugs, sexually assault women and squeak out a boring degree, then this is the place for you.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Innovation: C-, Education Quality: F

I absolutely love my university

Nov 15 2014Psychology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I absolutely love my university. It was the only pubic school I applied to, and yet it gave me more personal attention than any of the others. It's a huge school, but I don't feel like just a number. I have an overwhelming amount of support from both students and faculty, and there are so many opportunities all around you. If you are interested in business, music/the arts, or research, IU is the place to be. And even if those aren't your interests, you can make your own major! The only thing you really can't do here is engineering.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2017