StudentsReview :: Indiana University South Bend - Comments and Student Experiences

Vanderbilt University -- Nashville, TN

Indiana University South Bend

The courses are not

Jun 24 2013Math
The courses are not overly difficult, the problem is a lack of good Professors. The Math Department is severally lacking in quality Profs. with only 3 really good ones. Most of the others seem to have the "tenure" attitude and could care less what happens to students.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Scholastic Success: B-, Useful Schoolwork: F

This University has implemented a corporate attitude

Jun 01 2013Other
This University has implemented a corporate attitude. Paying Chancellor 200,000 per year and paying the peons absolutely nothing with minimal raises, while cutting benefits. The tuition is ridiculous, must be the chancellors 200,000 salary we are helping to pay for? What happened to free college? Yes college was free at one time but the corporate greed is good attitude permeates throughout this University.
4th Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: B, Faculty Accessibility: F

My adviser seems to be arrogant and doesn't

Jul 16 2013School of Information
My adviser seems to be arrogant and doesn't email me back. He told me to send him a time to meet online in his virtual office and he stopped responding. I've emailed him multiple times to meet with him and he no longer responds. I've figured out all my classes and he won't even take the time to remove the advising hold on my account! My friend has the same adviser and has the same problem. Other students say that their advisers do the same thing! I enjoy IUSB as a college , but this is unacceptable!
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014