StudentsReview ™ :: Indiana Wesleyan University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Indiana Wesleyan University

I am not going to say that 'all

Mar 04 2014Accounting
I am not going to say that 'all was perfect' at this institution, but I received a very good education. At times I did battle an arrogant instructor, an aggressive student, or an unhelpful and unskilled instructor, but in the almost 5 years of attending those instances were minor. I would not recommend their IT courses, because I found that the institution did not obtain qualified instructors, but the Accounting (I switched majors from IT) measured up to my expectations, and I received a good education. Contrary to other outlandish statements, this institution never displayed a 'better than you' attitude towards me or any other student, even though the institution proclaims Christianity. I was never treated differently for any views I divulged in my courses. I would recommend this college to anyone!
5th Year Female -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A, Social Life: C-
Feb 17 2014Business - Management and Administration

the information i learned at iwu did not help me get my job, except the fact that i have a bachelor's degree.

Preparedness: C- Reputation: C-

I'm an adult online student at Indiana Wesleyan

Jan 28 2014Computer Science
I'm an adult online student at Indiana Wesleyan University in the Computer Information Technology AS program. The core classes were/are pretty good. They are very challenging and fast paced but I felt I learned alot. I am however extremely disappointed with at least two technology classes so far(Introduction to Programming and Database Concepts). Both instructors are great people and all, but the course material is just awful! It's basically a book and exercises and you are on your own...no other resources or quick help. Sadly, I feel the CIT/AS is a rip off because I could have purchased "Programming for Dummies" or "Database for Dummies" and learned more I'm sure. If you are brand-new to programming or database concepts, I would discourage you from taking these classes online. I suspect they will be better in class because you're at least watching someone show you how it's done. Overall, I still enjoyed the classes at IWU because they are fast yet challenging for working adults.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014