StudentsReview ™ :: Indiana Wesleyan University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Indiana Wesleyan University

Jul 25 2013Business - Management and Administration

Indiana Wesleyan stinks. They hold on to instructors that are worthless at best, and let the good ones go...

Preparedness: F Reputation: F

If you decide to be an education major

Jun 30 2013Education
If you decide to be an education major please understand if you have personality issues (I was very quiet and shy) they are going to be mean to you. I had to do a unit plan for every single two week period during student teaching while everyone else only had to do one per semester. I drove off the road with my eyes open because I was trying to get all the work done. I was basically called a slacker. But that is not true. You can speak with my room-mates and family members. I was called a coward. I think the leaders are cowards because you keep professors who bully and stalk students. One of the professors stalked me three states over. I am an independent contractor. She would have had to hack into my email account to figure out where I was. The professor was Tommie Barnes and if you check out her ratings on ratemyprofessor.com, she has done this to other students. Other professors have harassed me on Facebook and done other really abusive things to me. This is not a "Christ centered academic community!" I do not live in the dictatorship of Indiana Wesleyan University! This is America and I don't care if you come at me again! Bring it on! I am now living around family and friends. One friend is a lawyer and a cousin of mine is a cop! You should not keep professors who are psycho stalkers! The only reason you keep them is because of politics and money. You really do not care about the students!
4th Year Female -- Class 2008
Campus Maintenance: A, Education Quality: F

IWU is a great school if you want

May 13 2013Education
IWU is a great school if you want to be challenged in academics. If you want to be a great Christian it is not the college for you because they are hypocritical, close-minded, judgmental and everything in that city is about them. I grew up in Marion, IN and went to church there. Yes there is not a lot of life going on with the city since all the factory lay offs but IWU tries to own the city. It is close to a bad part of the city as also. Once I saw how IWU brainwashed it students about the city and how we should be as Christians I knew it was not the place for me and it is getting worse. I will not include myself to be part of that university with how it treats the city. I even went to church there and this university has gone bad spiritually. As a Christian I would rather be challenged with my academics else where, which I did.
Faculty Accessibility: B+, Perceived Campus Safety: F