StudentsReview :: Indiana Wesleyan University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Indiana Wesleyan University

I am not going to say that 'all

Mar 04 2014Accounting
I am not going to say that 'all was perfect' at this institution, but I received a very good education. At times I did battle an arrogant instructor, an aggressive student, or an unhelpful and unskilled instructor, but in the almost 5 years of attending those instances were minor. I would not recommend their IT courses, because I found that the institution did not obtain qualified instructors, but the Accounting (I switched majors from IT) measured up to my expectations, and I received a good education. Contrary to other outlandish statements, this institution never displayed a 'better than you' attitude towards me or any other student, even though the institution proclaims Christianity. I was never treated differently for any views I divulged in my courses. I would recommend this college to anyone!
5th Year Female -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A, Social Life: C-

I loved my time at Indiana Wesleyan University-

Jun 19 2012Religion/Religious
I loved my time at Indiana Wesleyan University- I was a student in their religion department. The professors genuinely treated us like people, and the coursework was substantially more thorough (and difficult) than the masters' degree that I got afterwards. If you can stay away from the negativity that a lot of the students have, it is a beautiful campus with fantastic facilities, knowledgeable professors, and great student life (tons of events all the time and a great coffee shop McConn!)
4th Year Male -- Class 2008
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: D-

I started the BSM program at a satellite

Apr 19 2014Business - Management and Administration
I started the BSM program at a satellite location, but due to other course work at a local college for work I had to switch to the online format. This was bit of a challenge for me as I am more of an audial learner, but manageable. Of all of the professors I had only two were lax in their responses. The final two professors of the program were the best. Especially Dr. William Burton, who facilitated the (minimum) 25 page final managerial paper, as he laid expectations for each week along with examples to assist the students, and who was very prompt in his responses. The accounting class was very challenging for most every student in the program, and I would suggest taking it on-campus if available.

The course load was heavy, and you are self-taught for the most part, but it manageable. I learned this after successfully completing 27 credit hours of work, between two universities in only five months while working full time (five at IWU, and four at the other campus). The key is to stay focused and manage your time wisely, not wasting a minute of your day. As a result of the positive experience I?ve had at IWU, I will be begin the MBA program this spring, and am looking forward to the challenges to come.

In closing I would recommend the IWU-Online program to anyone who is willing to do the work, not wine about the course load, and wish to make a positive difference in their lives.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2014