StudentsReview :: Indiana Wesleyan University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Indiana Wesleyan University

Sep 10 2014Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Other than the group projects for the online classes. I have no complaints with the school. I am right on time with what I need to take and graduation and I have even decided to attend IWU to complete my Master degree.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C
Apr 19 2014Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I started the BSM program at a satellite location, but due to other course work at a local college for work I had to switch to the online format. This was bit of a challenge for me as I am more of an audial learner, but manageable. Of all of the professors I had only two were lax in their responses. The final two professors of the program were the best. Especially Dr. William Burton, who facilitated the (minimum) 25 page final managerial paper, as he laid expectations for each week along with examples to assist the students, and who was very prompt in his responses. The accounting class was very challenging for most every student in the program, and I would suggest taking it on-campus if available.

The course load was heavy, and you are self-taught for the most part, but it manageable. I learned this after successfully completing 27 credit hours of work, between two universities in only five months while working full time (five at IWU, and four at the other campus). The key is to stay focused and manage your time wisely, not wasting a minute of your day. As a result of the positive experience I?ve had at IWU, I will be begin the MBA program this spring, and am looking forward to the challenges to come.

In closing I would recommend the IWU-Online program to anyone who is willing to do the work, not wine about the course load, and wish to make a positive difference in their lives.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: D
Mar 04 2014Accounting
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I am not going to say that 'all was perfect' at this institution, but I received a very good education. At times I did battle an arrogant instructor, an aggressive student, or an unhelpful and unskilled instructor, but in the almost 5 years of attending those instances were minor. I would not recommend their IT courses, because I found that the institution did not obtain qualified instructors, but the Accounting (I switched majors from IT) measured up to my expectations, and I received a good education. Contrary to other outlandish statements, this institution never displayed a 'better than you' attitude towards me or any other student, even though the institution proclaims Christianity. I was never treated differently for any views I divulged in my courses. I would recommend this college to anyone!
5th Year Female -- Class 2012