StudentsReview :: Indiana Wesleyan University - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Females 4
Males 6
Avg years at University 2.1
Research Quality B (7.3)
Research Availability B- (6.5)
Research Funding B+ (7.3)
Graduate Politics B+ (7.6)
Errand Runners B (6.8)
Degree Completion B+ (7.8)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] B+ (7.4)
Sufficient Pay B (7.1)
Competitiveness B (6.6)
Education Quality B (7.1)
Faculty Accessibility B- (6.3)
Useful Research B+ (7.5)
"Individual" treatment B (6.7)
Friendliness B (7.0)
Safety A- (8.5)
Campus Beauty B+ (7.9)
Campus Maintenance C+ (5.7)
University Resource/spending B- (6.4)
Extracurriculars C+ (5.8)
Success-Understanding B (7.0)
Surrounding City B (6.7)
Social Life/Environment C- (3.6)
Social Life/EnvironmentC-
I am nearly finished with an on-site satelliteMay 22 2015Business - Management and Administration
I am nearly finished with an on-site satellite campus MBA. In my opinion as a working professional, the first year of this two year program was difficult, grueling, and exhaustive but very useful in gaining insights and skills in business administration. At the midpoint, roughly a year ago, the format changed and the workload of on-site students was significantly reduced due to qualifying 'in-class discussions.' Although I welcomed the decrease in workload, I believe this diminished the quality of critical thinking and writing skills to which we were previously held. Nearly all course facilitators were excellent in most respects, while a very few added no real value and were not truly vested in their course. (Of course, as a graduate student, one has the onus in this instance to seek out the knowledge and utility expected from the subject matter.) As this program is mostly an individual effort (roughly 85%indiv./ 15% group), students receive an education proportional to the effort put into coursework. While not a 'top 50' MBA program, I believe that Indiana Wesleyan prepares students well for future management roles, and continues to provide quality, ethical leaders. I would recommend this program, as I experienced it, for its quality of education, seat availability, and convenience of attendance.
I absolutely would not recommend the MSN withJul 19 2014Nursing
I absolutely would not recommend the MSN with a focus in nursing education to ANYONE. Apparently other programs in the university are good (my husband got his MBA here and liked it), but this one is not. It is not organized, and recently we have been receiving instructions on what was expected of assignments after the due date. NOT helpful. Things that were not on the rubric. If I fail because of this I will fight it, especially since we have caught another classmate repetitively plagiarizing and she hasn't been kicked out yet. It is like there are double standards, for the good students and the bad. This program is NOT made for the working adult, and is way too stressful to ever consider. Some courses required up to 35-36 hours a week on work, when other universities had a mad of 20 hours a week. All of my friends attending other places are amazed at how much time I spend on school work, and how I am not getting some amazing education in comparison to theirs. I regret spending my money here, and if I hadn't been so far in the program when I finally started to realize all of this, I would have switched schools but of course transferring credits is never easy. I am not usually a person to complain either, so for me to take the time to write this says a lot in itself.
Oct 30 2013Nursing
staff don't assist student with giving assignment
Research Topic(s): Does critical thinking skills inADA programs differ from those iwith a
Oct 14 2013Business - Management and Administration
Great school Great education !!!
The MBA program online was just as goodJun 27 2013Business - Management and Administration
The MBA program online was just as good if not better than other programs that I have participated in. The program provides everything you need tobe successful if you take advantage of them. It is not for those who need to be spoon fed. Come on this is graduate level course work. You get out what you put in.
Online programs are a jokeFeb 16 2010Other
Online programs are a joke. The Instructors tell you they are available ask you to call them rush through and tell you they are busy. They don't listen, they just talk AT you.

While I have no issues with this being a religious school, I do mind when you take time to answer a question and 5 of 11 students in the class just reply" God is so Awesome!" and they seem to get their grades for this each week as it is all they say- very sad!

Students are sub-par as they just post a lot of religious doctrine on how they are superior to others, nothing to do with the questions ask or the assignment- unbelievable!

This seems to be just fine with the school. You learn nothing except that the school caters to holier-than-thou and they seem to give free classes to those who work there.

I am in class with an IWU corporate representative who, in group project, over the phone when I told her I had experience with online group classes, ask me to take over and do the project as she was too busy and asked me if I worked a day job!

She now acts like she is the instructor asking arbitrary questions and post all her work late. And the instructor panders to her. Good college I guess if you work there. Time to move on!

Feb 07 2010Religion/Religious
I had a good experience.
Compare IWUSave IWU

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→