StudentsReview :: MedTech College - Greenwood - Comments and Student Experiences

MedTech College - Greenwood

1 - My student account was paid offQuite BrightNursing
1 - My student account was paid off during my first quarter, which means I had grant money left over every quarter. This grant money was suppose to be given to me by week 8 of each quarter as a stipend. This was suppose to serve as money to live off, while attending school. Of course, this never happened and in fact, I have had to make threats to file formal complaints, in order to get my money. I honestly believe Medtech holds students money in order to earn interest on it, while the student struggles to buy food and pay bills. I have paid countless late fees, had my electric and cable shut off, because Medtech wouldn't give me my money. The funny thing is I have seen Medtech pull students from class, because their accounts were past due. They even did this to one of my friends, while she was taking a test! It's obvious that Medtech could care less about the student and their education. All Medtech is worried about is making money!

2 - The equipment that Medtech claims to offer is either so outdated that it is no longer used in the healthcare industry or the equipment is broke! My class spent two entire quarters in their so called "state of the art labs" working on homework, because the dummy's suppose to be used for OB and Peds were "out of order!" We basically did nothing "hands on" and only learned from a book, due to the equipment being out of order!

3 - Instructors...well I have two say I can count on one human hand the number of instructors that actually gave a shit about the students learning. The majority of them are there to collect a paycheck. An example - on week 11 of my final quarter, our Geriatrics instructor who taught us only one lecture the entire time (12 weeks) and then decided to resign because she got pissed off at our class. Literally our class was left to read a book and come to class and take an off the wall test! One test had 14 questions from a chapter that hadn't yet been assigned to read! When we brought this to the attention of our instructor, she replied "you should already know that information!" Now, I don't know about you, but for me, how the hell am I going to know something that I #1 haven't been lectured on and #2 haven't been assigned to read? I thought the purpose of being required to take this class was so we would be taught the information....isn't that what our $36,000.00 plus dollars tuition is for?

4 - The cost of Medtech is outrageous...it's costs $36,000.00 plus for an associates degree, which I believe they are actually changing it to a certificate or diploma program in the near future. Or that's the rumor.

5 - The clinical experience is a complete joke, unless you want to learn how to do a CNA job over and over again! I have been a straight A student and can honestly say that I am terrified to go out in the real world and work as a nurse. I am book smart, but as far as getting any kind of "on the job training" or "clinical experience" that Medtech claims to provide, is a flat out lie! The last five quarters we have been sent to nursing homes and received no guidance or training what so ever. One thing I can say is that I have mastered Care Plans, which seems pretty stupid considering LPN's don't do care plans in the real world! I have also mastered being a CNA, which seems pretty pointless since I have worked as a CNA for the last four years, but that's nursing school at Medtech...that's what you get for $36,0000.00 plus @ Medtech!

6 - Medtech does not take into consideration where the student lives in regards to where they send the student for clinical. The closest drive during my five quarters for clinical has been no less than 2 hours one way, yes, you heard right two hours, one way. I am guessing I passed at least fifty nursing homes driving to clinical locations, but at Medtech, they don't care how far the student lives and they don't care how much it costs the student, they pick the farthest clinical sites and the student has to figure out how to come up with the $25.00 worth of gas to get there. It wouldn't have been so bad, except for the fact that Medtech refused to give me stipend money, so I have had to borrow money, put all my jewelry in pawn and dig for change, just to make it to clinical.

7 - I have went for two and three days at a time not eating, because I didn't have any money to buy food. If I would have had my stipend money, this would not have been an issue.

8 - As of today, December 14, 2013, going on the last week of my finally quarter at Medtech, I am still waiting on my finial student stipend money totaling over $2700.00 that Medtech has held hostage. Now, you tell me, what good does it do me to have all this money for living expenses if Medtech keeps it until after I have completed school?

9 - Just in case your wondering, is she just one angry student out for revenge? The answer is no, I can honestly say that I know at lest 10 other students out of less than twenty that are still waiting on their student stipend. So, if you want a school that lies, steals and cheats their students just to make a profit, then by all means, choose Medtech and your wish will be granted.10 - One good thing about Medtech, if you want to go to nursing school quick, 15 months and you can be done. It is an accelerated program, so working maybe a challenge, but it can be done. I am just lucky that the place I plan to work, the other nurses there are great and will help be learn how to be a real nurse...because I sure didn't learn that at Medtech's nursing school:(

1st Year Female -- Class 2014