StudentsReview ™ :: Purdue University - Comments and Student Experiences

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI

Purdue University

Indiana is a boring state with not much

Dec 05 2013Chemistry
Indiana is a boring state with not much to do, but this campus is just awful. People are either getting drunk at the local bars or are inside playing video games.

The majority of professors are unhelpful and have horrible teaching skills, and at least half learned English as their second language.Most of the school work isn't challenging at all, it's just busywork with unreasonable grading policies. Math however is quite difficult at Purdue, but that's because the professors are useless.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Useful Schoolwork: D+

The professors and coursework has made my stay

Nov 29 2012Biology
The professors and coursework has made my stay at Purdue some of the very worst times in my life. I have been told by professors that I was not good enough, dumb, didn't belong here, was a failure at life, was too creative, and that I should drop out. There were a few nice ones (especially in the Agricultural school) but mainly they were condescending, hateful, and very upset they were teaching instead of being in lab doing research. The advising staff tells you outright incorrect things, which ended up costing me an extra semester here. If you would like to go to Purdue. be prepared to work, and work hard. If you have a learning disability (Like I do) think twice. The professors WILL NOT work with you, and in some cases will mock you.
4th Year Female -- Class 2012
Campus Maintenance: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F

I have been depressed before, but I have

Aug 20 2012Electrical Engineering
I have been depressed before, but I have never been so depressed as I am here. My bed is no more than 2 and a half feet from the ceiling, making me nervous because of a minor claustrophobia. I can not sleep at night in these dorms because of all the noise made from pretty much everywhere. Not to mention there are virtually zero places to go to relax. Everything about this school is awful. I've spend 2 weeks at Brown University and I forgot sheets and blankets and instead I just used a towel and I was more comfortable than I am in these dorms. The Main office in Cary is a complete joke, just like the people in the dorm. The RA is the only nice person. If I could get a full refund right now I would get out of here and try again next year. I guess I am stuck at this terrible place to get poor grades because I cannot sleep at night. That will hurt my chances of getting into a different school next year. If I can't get into a different school I will not go to college. That is just how bad it is here. This terrible place could very well ruin my entire future. If you love your children, you wouldn't let them go here. If you value yourself, you won't apply.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016