StudentsReview :: The University of Notre Dame - Comments and Student Experiences

Georgetown University -- District of Columbia, DC

Ok so I just want to say beforeMechanical Engineering
Ok so I just want to say before I begin, that I use to read up on several colleges and univerisities and I found this site to be really beneficial during my college search process. Just a tip, take everything with a grain of salt and be picky about what to believe on both sides, negative or positive. However, I believe that sometimes people don't write the correct thing. I'm writing this email to remind people that when someone goes out of their way to write a bad review, multiple things could've occurred. One, they had a bad incident happen to them and never looked back and feel the need to express their issue publically, two, they begin to write a review, read others, and feed off of other people's reviews and modify their own, or three, they actually had a poor experience and feel the need to warn others as a precaution. (I am none, which you will see as you read)

Now for the actual review (sorry got a little side tracked, but felt I needed to start with that), I think that the university of Notre dame is an amazing school. It has brilliant and dumb kids going there, like any other university (the smart outweighing the others). It has a beautiful campus and great academics AND athletics, which is something that a lot of schools do not successfully accomplish or maintain. Some people rant about the number of legacies there, but hey, shouldn't that show you that the satisfaction the parents or other members got while going there? It proves that the tradition at Notre dame continues on forever, like any great university. Ok, maybe you don't like the food...try something else. Maybe downtown every once in a while or make sandwiches at least. The downtown could be better, however, because it is such a small town of south bend, but it's near lake Michigan and Canada, and you can make the best of it. "Ohh the school is filled with Catholics and is so strong in their faith.. I hate it" ...if you are saying something like this, you probably shouldn't have chosen to go to Notre dame in the first place. I look at the faith aspect as making a truly wholistic person. It's great to go here because they have so many service programs to get involved in too.

That's why it's very important to fully look at the college you wish to attend. Don't get caught up in one.

So overall, I had a great time at the school. I got involved in a dual degree to get a mba and a bs in engineering all in five years. I don't regret coming here at all, and if you really make sure this is the place for you and ask lots of questions before coming here, you won't be let down.

Sorry to write this in the negative section, but I felt like I needed to give you another view of what others are saying so that you can formulate your own opinions. (I also wanted to fresh it up a bit in the mix of all these negatives..sorry if that bugs you) if what others say doesn't appeal to you after really giving this awesome and rewarding university a chance, then that's totally fine, look at another school. The worst thing to do (and what no one wants) is just chose a school you think you like and then end up like these people writing a negative review. Good luck to anyone in the admissions process and goo Irish! P.S. Didn't realize it, but I didn't do anything but the comment section in the survey, so it marked everything as f's or the lowest it can be but I think it's way better, B's and A's and everything high, I just couldn't switch it

Everybody gets raped atChemical Engineering
Everybody gets raped at Notre Dame. You have three majors to choose from:

1. Anal Rape
2. Vaginal Rape
3. Gang-bangIt will be 4 years of hell for you, but at least you'll be permanently a walking encyclopedia of STDs.

I objectively believe, based on my observations ofSuper BrilliantPolitical Science
I objectively believe, based on my observations of half the ivies, many little ivies, and other closely ranked universities, that Notre Dame is more beloved than any other school. It is very prestigious, very well regarded nationwide. But more importantly I know the education experience with my extremely qualified, helpful, and engaging professors and great classroom experience will prepare exceptionally well for the future. In addition, the positive, friendly atmosphere is at a level that I observed nowhere else due to the family and camaraderie mentality. This atmosphere is vey conducive to study because when times are tough, and they will be, everyone is there to help you, not to make themselves feel better by watching you struggle. Most importantly, there is a deep love, loyalty, and belief in this university. I am damn proud to be ND not because it makes me feel prestigious but because I know that I am a part of something so much greater than myself. You will get as good an education (think US news, Forbes, pay scale ranking, and most powerful alumni network rankings) and as fun an experience (think best school for intramurals and varsity sports like football and basketball) as anywhere else. But you will get a more meaningful experience, a stronger sense of identity and a greater sense of purpose here than any other school in this country. God, Country, Notre Dame. Love Thee
1st Year Male -- Class 2018