StudentsReview :: The University of Notre Dame - Comments and Student Experiences

Georgetown University -- District of Columbia, DC

The University of Notre Dame

Dec 09 2013Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I chose to come to Notre Dame because I was told the students here would be very friendly, and that I would become best friends with my hall mates, etc, etc. I found none of this to be true. The girls at least are bitchy and gossip about each other. My hall's RECTOR was making negative comments about freshmen in our dorm, and talking about how academically stupid some of us are. It's hard to make guy friends unless you like to party. Honestly, I can't see myself staying here another year. I'm definitely transferring next year.
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Surrounding City: D-
Mar 23 2013Political Science
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
After looking hard into other schools, I was convinced that Notre Dame was my dream school and was ecstatic when I got it. As time went on, I realized that ND was definitely not for me. Although it is a great school academically and will challenge you, there are many other cons to consider.

I was too caught up in the fact that I got accepted to a top university and thought that I should go here because it was the best school I got accepted to. Since then, I have realized that ranking is definitely not the only aspect of a school to take into consideration.

To start off, the weather here is absolutely atrocious. The campus is gorgeous and nothing can compare to the lakes or God Quad in the spring, but these facts are overshadowed by 5 months of freezing weather and bipolar South Bend weather. To continue, South Bend is a crap hole of a city. You really never know what is going to happen when you go off campus so I'll just leave that at that. Then, there is the student body. Everybody here seems to be a hard partier or a hardcore, close-minded Catholic. The social scene is mediocre at best. If you don't like the people in your hall freshman year, then you're basically screwed socially as it is very difficult to make any quality friendships outside of the few people that you are randomly placed with.I know it's my choice to transfer out but I can only imagine what my parents reaction would be if I decided to transfer to a lesser school after shelling out so much for ND. In all, ND really isn't that bad of a place if you can find a social clique you like relatively quickly because you will be stuck with them for the rest of your four years. ND is perfect for the majority of students but some are just screwed over by the outdated social scene and can't deal with not seeing the sun for months at a time.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: F
Nov 20 2010Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
If I had to do it over again I would not go to college in South Bend Indiana or the midwest in general. There is absolutely nothing to do here and the weather is horrible. South Bend is disgusting. I should have gone to Holy Cross near Boston or Georgetown in DC. I am planning to transfer after this semester.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013