StudentsReview :: Brown Mackie College Salina - Comments and Student Experiences

Princeton Theological Seminary -- Princeton, NJ
Cornell College -- Mount Vernon, IA
Columbia Union College -- Takoma Park, MD

Brown Mackie College Salina

This school is a joke, Our final was
This school is a joke, Our final was a bunch of stuff that we never even covered in class, you can tell it hadn't been proof read as there were multiple duplicated questions some even back to back. We had a post test but was never given the pretest, and everything on the post test we never even covered. We have students failing the class and were told to not worry because no one was going to fail and they were at 50% going into the last week so how does that work? Students took their final left to go eat and went back after the class was over with for the semester to work on papers and the teacher was alright with that yet everyone else had to have it turned in when they turned in their final. During the practical some people were using skeletons that were still labeled because the teacher didn't take them off and she didn't even care. There isn't even a place that we can go study on week nights or weekends... where does all our tuition money go?
They will waste your time and money don'tNursing
They will waste your time and money don't go for any reason. The nursing program is BS. They don't tell you what will happen. First they enroll around 100 students each month. There is no test to get in. Then you find out that it is a competition along the way-way into it. You must maintain All A's to continue on. There will be a interview process. You must have a good interview. Then there is a Net test along the way which you must do well on. They don't tell you that you are competing for your slot. They only have room for 25 students for clinical. They weed people out. The staff are very rude. Most of The women who I was in class with were mean and clicked up. They try to cut each other as much as possible. Then once you get into the clinical you have to go out to Salina 6 days out of the week from 8-5. You cannot miss classes once in clinical or you must make them up. There are several things during clinical you must pass. If you do not pass one of these I mentioned you will have to "sit out" for three months then start the hole process all over again. During sitting out you have to continue going to school there. It will eat you alive finically. No one wants to hire you if you happen to be lucky enough to make it through this process and you will be finically and emotionally drained. I did not get a B in nutrition class I got a C I was weeded out. Glad I am past that part of my life. I am happy now I have went to a good
This place is horrible.
This place is horrible. I went because it was close, the program looked interesting, the price was not bad. Please, if you are thinking of going here, VISIT THE PLACE. See what kind of people are students, are teachers, are running this place. Cops come by on a regular basis to arrest the students! The athletes don't even act like they are trying. I don't consider the classes I have taken to be meaningful in any way. I consider this to be the worst possible investment of time and money I could have made.