StudentsReview :: Fort Hays State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Fort Hays State University

I signed up for this school and whenQuite BrightPsychology
I signed up for this school and when they dispersed my financial aid they sent it to the wrong bank account. They tried to tell me that I entered the wrong account in the system but I had my confirmation email and had also taken a screen shot of what I put in. What they had done was dropped the last two numbers of my account. I called them every day for three weeks and due to this error I was unable to get books. So I unenrolled from school like the advisor told me to. Then I received a bill for $2800.00. I enrolled within the first week of class and there policy clearly says you would be refunded 100% of your tuition cost. So why are they billing me. I called them several times and received several different answers and was told the manager would get back with me. She never did I continued to call and wasn't getting anywhere. Then I sent several letters and did not receive a response. 6 months later I received an alert that something derogatory had been placed on my credit report. It was them. I have called several times and still can't get anywhere.
1st Year Female -- Class 1920
The people at FHSU are friendly for theQuite BrightChemistry
The people at FHSU are friendly for the most part. Of course wherever you go there will always be that one person who's disagreeable, but don't let that person ruin the whole experience. As a first time freshmen going to college can be scary but it can also be eye opening. I lived in McMindes Hall where the student staff were very welcoming. There is McMindes Hall, Weist, Tiger Place (Heather & Agnew), Stadium Place, and Custer Hall. Out of all of these I would recommend McMides Hall for any first time freshmen. There you would be able to meet other first time freshmen, be near the cafeteria (you would only have to walk down a few flights of stairs or take the elevator), & be able to attend any programs any of the Residential Assistance (R.A.'s)throw. I highly recommend becoming a wing rep. for your floor. The wing rep would have to attend meeting every Thursday at 7pm (that's the day they decided for my year), they are kept in the loop for any activities happening around campus, and you get to know the R.A.'s, desk assistants, and hall director on a deeper level. There is more about FHSU that I have not covered but one of the most important parts about any place you are going to college at is where you are living at. P.S. None of the dorms are falling apart, the place they are talking about is probably Weist. West is a good place to be at if you don't want to get caught doing something you shouldn't but it is also a lousy place to live at and McMindes is a bad place to do something bad but a good place to live at. McMindes have a 24-7 desk staff there where as Weist does not. Also if you don't want a ticket you have to park right against the curve. Overall Fort Hays is a good school. There is not much going on around town but who needs that when your in the company of food friends.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C
This university is really good for the manyAverageBusiness - Management and Administration
This university is really good for the many Gen ed. courses like Psychology and Sociology. Overall the Gen. ed is not at all easy and requires a lot of effort. It's manageable as long as you can manage time. Other majors like Business is hard but it is not AACSB certified, which is the industry norm for excellence in business education. Teachers are friendly more in the Gen. ed courses that in the Business major. I found my teachers from the Gen Ed. to be more friendlier and helpful than the ones in my Business..Overall it is a very affordable university and works well for anyone who wants to complete their degree from a US. accredited university. Falls short on reputation within the US., people know about this university in Kansas. Students are bright and select any major from agriculture to computer systems to psychology to business. Good, affordable education at a good university. Class sizes are limited to 22-24 and that means more teacher and student interaction. Administrative department is very cooperative and is error free which is not the case in bigger reputable universities...Online education is excellent and you can really achieve a good GPA and maintain it too..
2nd Year Male -- Class 2013