StudentsReview :: Alice Lloyd College - Comments and Student Experiences

Alice Lloyd College

I am a second semester student at Alice Lloyd College anBrightOther
I am a second semester student at Alice Lloyd College and I am already classified as a sophomore. I am doubling in English and Social Science.

When I began college I was only a Social Science major, but after taking an English class as an elective, I fell in love with the English program as well. The professors in the English program are strict and determined to make sure their students understand their lessons while making their classes enjoyable and fun at the same time. They are very understanding and approachable people.

The Social Science department share many of the same qualities of the English professors. They make their classes fun and relate the topic we are discussing to our every day lives. As a student, there is nothing better than relating to what you are learning about in class.

As for the campus, it is always clean, safe, and of course beautiful. People refer to ALC as being "in the middle of nowhere", but I find being far from other communities as a benefit. It ensures our safety from the life of the big city and we are enclosed in the gorgeous mountains of the great Appalachia. There is nothing better than waking up to a sunset above the mountains in the morning.

There are many sports and clubs to become envolved in and great places to hang out on campus, such as the student lounge. The students and faculty are alike are very generous and friendly. I have yet to meet a person that hasn't warmingly welcomed me into their life.

Another benefit of attending Alice Lloyd College is the work study program. It provides me with a great work history, human capital, and an even better experience. The work study program has taught me how to be a responsible, reliable, and professional worker. Professional dress Tuesday also helps because it prepares you for the real work world that I will one day become a part of. I know that when I enter the work world I will be fully prepared. I absolutely recommend Alice Lloyd College to anyone wanting to pursue a great college education and wanting an amazing and memorable college experience.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: D-
Looking back, I realize how very "green" IBusiness - Management and Administration
Looking back, I realize how very "green" I was when I went to ALC. Fortunately for me, the school offered a nurturing atmosphere emotionally and a cultivating atmosphere academically. I did not appreciate it at the time in the way I am able to now. Having instructors push for better work(Thanks, Mitch.), always having to put the work study hours in, having to drive so far to find "civilization", getting to develop lifelong friendships with fascinating people, being able to graduate with $0 student loans, finding opportunities to grow as a person not just as a student. No, I would have to be honest and say, I did not understand the value then, but I truly do now. The negative aspects of a small cloistered community were far outweighed (for me) by having the chance to be a big fish in a little pond until I was emotionally mature enough and academically prepared to find my way upstream. It does not suit everyone, but for those who choose to make the most of it. . .ALC has a lot to offer. Well, this is the speech I keep giving my daughters anyway!
Again, Alice Lloyd College may be hard toBrightBiology
Again, Alice Lloyd College may be hard to get into because many may apply, but not many decide to attend nor will they stay. It is a small school, which feels like a high school and they serve same menu every single week. If you are an out-of-state student, then you probably won't like it here. The place is rundown and old, so quality of living isn't so great. Their major programs aren't so great either. They have clubs that do nothing for your resume or graduate application. They prioritize the work study program, which is dumb because they should prioritize studies and students' future instead. Let's just say that all the admissions people are concerned about is getting your money and that's it. They do not care about the student's lives at all. Favoritism is a big thing here! So be smart and invest your education somewhere else!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2017