StudentsReview :: Berea College - Comments and Student Experiences

Berea College

Feb 16 2012English

Berea was my first choice college and I was not disappointed.

1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C-

Come prepared

Jun 01 2012Economics
Come prepared. Berea is a lot of work. If you can handle the workload (schoolwork AND labor) here, you will be surprised and gratified for what you have achieved. Also, come open-minded. Albeit the relatively conservative geographic location (the bible-belt, as per some people would call it), Berea college was founded as a pioneer for social equity. So, everything is possible here.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: C

I have had nothing but problems since coming

Nov 20 2011Nursing
I have had nothing but problems since coming to Berea. The faculty lie, cheat and do not care who they hurt. I have had no help when faced with major issues and they have ABSOLUTELY no respect for single parents, or parents of any kind for that matter. Your child gets ill? Too bad, fail your classes or go knock on random neighbors' doors to see if someone will watch them. They would rather ignore you and pretend your arguments are invalid to even lift a finger to help you. My classmates have treated me either neutral or like I'm a complete moron. I have never felt more ridiculed anywhere in my life. Sadly, because Berea requires courses no one else requires, I can't leave. I had planned on going to grad school, but making THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE and coming here has squashed that dream. Save yourself the heartache - take out loans and go elsewhere!!!! You will be LUCKY to get a C in ANY class in the nursing major, and good luck getting any help. It's not because I lack intelligence - PLEASE, I get straight As in every other class - it's that the professors barely make an effort with you.
4th Year Female -- Class 2012