StudentsReview :: Berea College - Comments and Student Experiences

Berea College

Work and study to

Jul 05 2011Math
Work and study to the utmost level of your ability. Take care of your health, both mental and physical. Be persistent and never-ever give up!
Starting Job: Math Teacher Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

Berea College was and still is a very

Jun 15 2011Chemistry
Berea College was and still is a very special place - I just attended my 30 year alumni reunion. It was so easy to talk to fellow classmates even after 30 yrs passing! Without doubt Berea offers the best education that money can buy. My children won't be able to attend because of my salary, but that leaves room for two Appalachian students with high potential. I made a significant donation to the college because of Berea's core commitments. If a student is not willing to work hard academically, I would not recommend Berea College.
Starting Job: General Engineer Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

I have had nothing but problems since coming

Nov 20 2011Nursing
I have had nothing but problems since coming to Berea. The faculty lie, cheat and do not care who they hurt. I have had no help when faced with major issues and they have ABSOLUTELY no respect for single parents, or parents of any kind for that matter. Your child gets ill? Too bad, fail your classes or go knock on random neighbors' doors to see if someone will watch them. They would rather ignore you and pretend your arguments are invalid to even lift a finger to help you. My classmates have treated me either neutral or like I'm a complete moron. I have never felt more ridiculed anywhere in my life. Sadly, because Berea requires courses no one else requires, I can't leave. I had planned on going to grad school, but making THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE and coming here has squashed that dream. Save yourself the heartache - take out loans and go elsewhere!!!! You will be LUCKY to get a C in ANY class in the nursing major, and good luck getting any help. It's not because I lack intelligence - PLEASE, I get straight As in every other class - it's that the professors barely make an effort with you.
4th Year Female -- Class 2012