StudentsReview :: Berea College - Comments and Student Experiences

Berea College

Berea is a great school for undergrad biology

Jun 13 2005Biology
Berea is a great school for undergrad biology. The faculty is wonderful, about half & half male & female. Lab classes are very good, especially invert.zoo., parasitology, micro, developmental, and genetics. Independent research is fully supported, faculty is knowledgable and only a couple are a bit too arrogant or crotchety. The campus is beautiful. Definitely small town but a very international student body.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2005
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C

Overall, Berea College is

Jul 20 2004Communications
Overall, Berea College is a really good school with excellent professors and I would recommend it to anyone. Berea College doesn't seem to be in it for the money as much as other colleges. I just can't find a job in my field and it is frustrating.
Starting Job: Retail Associate Preparedness: D Reputation: D+

While I was a student at Berea College,

May 26 2006Psychology
While I was a student at Berea College, I did complain a lot and felt very frustrated by the seemingly outdated rules (ie. visitation, no car policy, all students being required to live in the dorms, no co-ed dorms, etc)... I also found the small town of Berea to be seriously boring and I wanted more variety. Even so.... Now that I have been out of school for one year, I can look back at Berea with a real sense of thankfulness and respect for the outstanding education I recieved there. This school is not for everyone- and I don't even know if it was the right "fit" for me- but I do appreciate my experience there. The professors are amazing, the labor system (annoying at times) is really good for exploring different types of jobs, and the overall atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. I never thought I would say these things- because while I was there, I didn't feel this way, but I am so glad I went there and stuck through to graduation.
Starting Job: Beauty Advisor Preparedness: C Reputation: B+