StudentsReview :: Bellarmine University - Comments and Student Experiences

Bellarmine University

Please read me if your considering Bellarmine!!!!BrightAccounting
Please read me if your considering Bellarmine!!!!Its a Trap! They will flat out lie to you on a tour and show you nothing but roses and happy times. What they wont show you is the complete lack of care for students and facilities. They will take every last penny if they have to cut it out of your damn skin. Everything is expense, and i mean more than the regular college expensive. Our current dining company is the largest supplier of prison food in the nation and it shows. That doesn't sound bad until you remember you eat it 3 times a day 180 days out of the year. The faculty is great but the high administration sucks, i mean really, really sucks. They don't care about you or your education, to them the school is a business. They'll throw all the bells and whistles at you to get you in but once your here they couldn't care less. Campus facilities are old and run down, they put money into a new admissions building to show off but i cant get the toilet in my community bathroom fixed. That's another thing the school is far past its limits for student occupation but they wont build new dorms. parking is a literal nightmare. res life is built to hunt down students and get money for fines fines. I've been here two years and i've ever met my adviser, i don't know his name.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2019
Friendliness: A, Innovation: F
Bellarmine is a money pit.Not so brightPsychology
Bellarmine is a money pit. They literally charge you for every little thing you do. And they don't ask you for a reasonable amount of money, it's over priced. At a scholarship dinner they asked for half a million dollars to build more elaborate buildings and decorations than they need. The people at Bellarmine, students and staff are very unfriendly. I had a professor tell me to leave his class before midterms had even happened. The dorms are not satisfactory either, unless you live in the brand new dorms that are located on top of a very steep hill. The rooms have stains and there may be mold growing in it. Most of the showers are disgusting and you can't bear to walk into them without shoes on. The food is very limited if you don't have a lot of flex dollars. The dining hall is never open very long. And there is not very many options of things to eat. The school isn't worth anybodys time and money. The education was not as fantastic as it was presented to be. It is a snobby school filled with people who think they are better than you. Don't waste your time there.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: F
I absolutely can not stand this University.Not so brightPsychology
I absolutely can not stand this University. Bellarmine is NOTHING like it claims to be. I don't know of one thing that I like about this school. I lived on campus and it was the worst experience of my life. The girls in my hall were loud and obnoxious every night. There were also several nights I could smell cigarette smoke coming from their room; along with seeing them in the hallway drinking alcohol. On several occasions they would give me dirty looks simply because I was not "part of their clique". Many people were rude on campus and acted like they were simply better than me since I was not in their social class. The teachers and residence life were also useless. I had severe anxiety my first semester; instead of helping me like was promised, my teachers simply made me drop the class since I had missed more than 3 days due to the fact that I was so sick I could not get out of bed. Not once did a teacher offer to help me. I am now trying to work my way up from a 1.0 GPA due to the fact that I had to drop classes and failed due to no assistance from teachers. The residence life office was the most frustrating thing I ever had to deal with. My cable was broke for 3 months and not once did I get a reply to the dozens of emails I sent. They also would not let me move off campus without going through a tremendously long process in which I had to explain every reason I did not want to stay there. When I first went to Bellarmine's campus to take a tour, I was given the impression that this was such an amazing school where students, faculty, and everything in between was just amazing. They put on such a big front just to get gullible kids who want a good education to come there. Bellarmine University is such a joke. I am so glad that I transferred. There is a huge burden lifted off of my shoulders.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016