StudentsReview :: Spencerian College - Comments and Student Experiences

East Texas Baptist University -- Marshall, TX
Kentucky Wesleyan College -- Owensboro, KY

Spencerian College

I am in the Respiratory Therapy program atQuite BrightOther
I am in the Respiratory Therapy program at Spencerian. My program is 24 months and I am almost half way done! :) I see that Spencerian has received a lot negative reviews in the past so I feel inclined to update this forum to give future students an honest review of the current atmosphere. It is 2015 and a lot has changed at Spencerian since the 2009 era. I know this because I have yet to experience anything remotely close to what every one else is expressing here. My program not only covers all the basis but have provided us with the opportunity to have a clinical rotation at all the major hospitals in Louisville. Our program director and clinical coordinator are very engaged and in tune with us and have been very supporting. The atmosphere at night is very laid back and the security guard is always patrolling the parking lot. The only negative is that this school is very expensive but almost all private colleges are. However, I was able to immediately enroll into the RT program whereas similar programs in the area are competitive or run for 4 years. I have yet to experience racism (I'm African American) or homophobia (I'm also a lesbian) so Spencerian is very diverse and welcoming regardless of your race or lifestyle. .
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: C-
DO not go to Spencerian Coolege please1 MyBrightUndecided
DO not go to Spencerian Coolege please1 My tuition bill was 3,000. And the teachers are RUDE there is a teacher there Mrs Faith Yount she will not pass me.I talked to an advisier and he said she is doing it on purpose becase she does not like me. Now i have to take it again with a different teacher. She kept giving me a 'U'.For no reasons when i was getting good grades i checked them off of another girls who had hers checked and got an 'A'. Also there is a Security Guard who whos there but he got fired but, still comes back on the property! He got fired becase he is a 42 year old man who used to have a pony talil and cut it off.His name is ANTHONY! He came into my class one day after being terminated and said infront of the students and class "Dont worry i dont work here no more,because i go into trouble talking to girls all the time instead of doing my job". He said that to me, i was so embarrassed. Like i told on him or like i have the power to get his old man fired. Then after that My teacher Mr. Sander would not pass me on my CPR test but others would make small mistakes and he would let them pass but, not me becase he said he liked Anthony. Now he blames me and problably wont pass me on CPR. THIS SCHOOL IS NOT A SCHOOL! If you dont kiss the teachers butts the wont pass you! If they dont like you becase your, different or white, or black, or gay. They wont pass you! Please i am a current stuend 2013 i would not go to this school. And then the price of book, tuition, parking and other they just rape students of there money. Thats what they are doing to me right now.And i am receiving no education! Thats ALL i want is an education a dipoloma ! But they dont want you to have it.They want peopel to keep failing so they will have to keep paying my friend had to pay for a 3rd typing class case she failed it 3 times i mean come on 3 times its just typing but, like i said if your gay .... it cost her 1,000 to retake it. Do you see were im going !!!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013
Preparedness: Reputation:
Spencerian was the biggest waste of money IBrightNursing
Spencerian was the biggest waste of money I ever spent. The phlebotomy teacher was rude, and hardly taught us anything. She spent half of our class time pulling up youtube videos on unrelated subjects such as how to smoke salvia(yes we watched this in class) The higher ups only care about money because when student complained about this teacher they were suspended or straight out turned away. Also no school other than spencerian themselves acknowlegdes their credits. I would only have 3 classes left to get my lpn but because of spencerian i now have to start from scratch and also still owe them 2000. they are an all profit school. They do not truly care about their students. Do not go here you will watse your time and money
1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Campus Aesthetics: C, Education Quality: F

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→