StudentsReview :: Spencerian College - Comments and Student Experiences

Kentucky Christian College -- Grayson, KY
East Texas Baptist University -- Marshall, TX
Kentucky Wesleyan College -- Owensboro, KY

Spencerian College

Spencerian was the biggest waste of money I

Jul 20 2012Nursing
Spencerian was the biggest waste of money I ever spent. The phlebotomy teacher was rude, and hardly taught us anything. She spent half of our class time pulling up youtube videos on unrelated subjects such as how to smoke salvia(yes we watched this in class) The higher ups only care about money because when student complained about this teacher they were suspended or straight out turned away. Also no school other than spencerian themselves acknowlegdes their credits. I would only have 3 classes left to get my lpn but because of spencerian i now have to start from scratch and also still owe them 2000. they are an all profit school. They do not truly care about their students. Do not go here you will watse your time and money
1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Campus Aesthetics: C, Education Quality: F

I would not recommend spencerian to anyone

Jul 10 2012Other
I would not recommend spencerian to anyone. If you are considering going there run as fast as you can. I met with an admission officer (Paula) and explained to her I am interested in the MLT program as a starting point and was planning on continuing my education to become a pathologist my question was very clear and repeated several time "will my credits and/or my degree transfer to other schools?" Her answer of course was yes. Half way into my program I learned from other students that credits and/or degree will NOT transfer to most colleges!! If I wanted to get my BS, MS, or PhD I would have to start all over again. I was also advised by Paula to get in the MLT certificate program and then bridge over to the associate in MLT program and insisted that it would same thing. She neglected to state the fact that I would have to take 4 or so classes and do 2 quarters of clinicals that will not count toward my associate. The teachers there are very full of themselves and treat you like crap and make you feel like they are better than you but, they are knowledgeable of the material they teach with the exception of Ms Franke(the department co director's cosine) she reads the power point slides word for word with 90% of what she reads is mispronounced. She is also the rudest person I have EVER met in my life. Ms Staton and Mrs Feldkamp were very knowledgeable teachers but extremely moody and rude at times and will bring whatever mood they have at home/work with them to class!! And God forbid you get sick or have a family emergency and miss class time, the teachers will drop you from class even if it was the last day of class! I hated every minute of spencerian but I did manage to graduate with a high GPA. Bottom line DO NOT attend spencerian you can get a much better education els where such as jcc or UofL with a lot less cost. Go to a school that cares about education not profit.
Preparedness: C- Reputation: D

DO not go to Spencerian Coolege please1 My

Feb 07 2013Undecided
DO not go to Spencerian Coolege please1 My tuition bill was 3,000. And the teachers are RUDE there is a teacher there Mrs Faith Yount she will not pass me.I talked to an advisier and he said she is doing it on purpose becase she does not like me. Now i have to take it again with a different teacher. She kept giving me a 'U'.For no reasons when i was getting good grades i checked them off of another girls who had hers checked and got an 'A'. Also there is a Security Guard who whos there but he got fired but, still comes back on the property! He got fired becase he is a 42 year old man who used to have a pony talil and cut it off.His name is ANTHONY! He came into my class one day after being terminated and said infront of the students and class "Dont worry i dont work here no more,because i go into trouble talking to girls all the time instead of doing my job". He said that to me, i was so embarrassed. Like i told on him or like i have the power to get his old man fired. Then after that My teacher Mr. Sander would not pass me on my CPR test but others would make small mistakes and he would let them pass but, not me becase he said he liked Anthony. Now he blames me and problably wont pass me on CPR. THIS SCHOOL IS NOT A SCHOOL! If you dont kiss the teachers butts the wont pass you! If they dont like you becase your, different or white, or black, or gay. They wont pass you! Please i am a current stuend 2013 i would not go to this school. And then the price of book, tuition, parking and other they just rape students of there money. Thats what they are doing to me right now.And i am receiving no education! Thats ALL i want is an education a dipoloma ! But they dont want you to have it.They want peopel to keep failing so they will have to keep paying my friend had to pay for a 3rd typing class case she failed it 3 times i mean come on 3 times its just typing but, like i said if your gay .... it cost her 1,000 to retake it. Do you see were im going !!!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013