StudentsReview :: Somerset Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Somerset Community College

Mar 08 2014Nursing

I hate this place. Teachers are rude and treat you like you are stupid. Worse college experience I've ever heard of.

It’s a community college, so i can't expect

Nov 19 2004Undecided
It’s a community college, so i can't expect too much, but this is a redneck school in a redneck town well in a redneck state. I’m very glad to be transferring out of here in August to the Northeast. The people are close- minded, and don’t even think of being a democrat or god forbid being a liberal. Things like that will get you burnt at the stake, while the religiously radical Puritanesque people simultaneously burn books on evolution and Harry Potter. Way too churchy, Way too pro-war/Bush. But it’s cheap and the classes are extraordinarily easy. Your choice, mine is to transfer before I get burnt at the stake with the devil himself Michael Moore.
1st Year Female -- Class 2007
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Education Quality: F

This is the WORST school I have been to

Apr 25 2012Other
This is the WORST school I have been to. I move around a lot so unfortunately I usually end up bouncing from one school to the other. Because of that, I have experience with different levels of qualities in a school and this place is ATROCIOUS. Let me just say that there are a select few faculty and staff members who really are nice and care about their job. However, the rest of them treat you like you are nothing but an annoyance to them. The financial aid department feels as though they can take their time rather than get things done quickly. The advisers don't really seem to care about their students much (I withdrew from a class back in February and my adviser just happened to forget. Thanks for ruining my GPA), and some of them don't even know how to work the PeopleSoft program in the first place. The selection of both classes and programs is terrible. There are very few places for a student to go between classes (a library and a cafeteria. No lounge. No nothing.)I'm not a negative person. I like to see the bright side of things. It's hard to see the bright side in anything this school does. I'm tempted to take another break from school just so I don't ever have to look at this place ever again.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016