VISIONThe University of Kentucky will be one of the nation's 20 best public research universities, an institution recognized world-wide for excellence in teaching, research, and service and a catalyst for intellectual, social, cultural, and economic development.
The University of Kentucky is a public, research-extensive, land grant university dedicated to improving people's lives through excellence in teaching, research, health care, cultural enrichment, and economic development.
The University of Kentucky:
• Facilitates learning, informed by scholarship and research.
• Expands knowledge through research, scholarship and creative activity.
• Serves a global community by disseminating, sharing and applying knowledge.
The University, as the flagship institution, plays a critical leadership role for the Commonwealth by contributing to the economic development and quality of life within Kentucky's borders and beyond.
The University nurtures a diverse community characterized by fairness and equal opportunity.
The values of the University guide its decisions and the behavior of its community. Its core values are:
• Academic excellence and academic freedom
• Mutual respect and human dignity
• Embracing diversity
• Personal and institutional responsibility and accountability
• Shared governance
• A sense of community
• Sensitivity to work-life concerns
• Civic responsibility
• Service to society
UK Average Job Salaries
|$37,246||Starting Salary |
|$92,857||10 Year Salary |
|UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY|
General info:(606) 257-9000
Financial aid office:(606) 257-3172
Admissions office:(606) 257-2000University Homepage