The University of Kentucky will be one of the nation's 20 best public research universities, an institution recognized world-wide for excellence in teaching, research, and service and a catalyst for intellectual, social, cultural, and economic development.
The University of Kentucky is a public, research-extensive, land grant university dedicated to improving people's lives through excellence in teaching, research, health care, cultural enrichment, and economic development.
The University of Kentucky:
• Facilitates learning, informed by scholarship and research.
• Expands knowledge through research, scholarship and creative activity.
• Serves a global community by disseminating, sharing and applying knowledge.
The University, as the flagship institution, plays a critical leadership role for the Commonwealth by contributing to the economic development and quality of life within Kentucky's borders and beyond.
The University nurtures a diverse community characterized by fairness and equal opportunity.
The values of the University guide its decisions and the behavior of its community. Its core values are:
• Academic excellence and academic freedom
• Mutual respect and human dignity
• Embracing diversity
• Personal and institutional responsibility and accountability
• Shared governance
• A sense of community
• Sensitivity to work-life concerns • Civic responsibility • Service to society
Disclaimer: StudentsReview makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or
adequacy of the contents of this site, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the
contents of this site. Furthermore, StudentsReview is not affiliated with any University or Institution.