StudentsReview :: Dillard University - Comments and Student Experiences

Howard University -- Washington, DC

Dillard University

school is weak, boring,

Mar 10 2013Psychology
school is weak, boring, too small , not enough females you will know them in about one semester and they get old fast. ONly good thing is the school work is easy and its isnt hard to get a 3.5 and above here easily
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Friendliness: B+, Education Quality: F
Jan 19 2012Nursing

Dillard is very unorganized !!!! half of the staff that works in Rosenwall is every unhelpful, like they have moody ways.

1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Maintenance: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F

I just completed my first year at Dillard

May 24 2014Biology
I just completed my first year at Dillard University. I was at first denied to attend in the fall of 2014 although, my test scores were high and my high GPA was a 3.5. They accepted me on such short notice so I had to book my flight and everything at the last minute. Dillard did not offer me any scholarship or anything so I took out loans and paid with financial aid. Dillard puts up this whole fa?ade for you saying that they're the best in this department and what not for incoming students and they only do this for money.

When I first arrived on campus, the girls were staying in Williams Hall which I believe used to be co-ed or whatever. When I first walked in it smelled like Mildew, as if there were a flood, and Urine. There were roaches and weird bugs and not to mention there BLACK MOLD which is very harmful to the human body and I did get sick because of that. I told the maintenance people and all they did was paint over the black mold. Yes. True story.

The campus life sucks, it is very small so you will see the same people EVERY day and it gets pretty annoying. It is really dead nothing really happens on campus and there aren't really any fun activities for the students to engage in. Homecoming week was boring, the basketball team SUCKS and there isn't a football team. Not to mention, you will know almost everybody that attends the school before the first semester is over and everybody will get in your business and rumors will tend to float all around the campus because everybody there is messy.

By the second semester I regret ever coming to Dillard but New Orleans is a ok city but if you come from a more urban city like Chicago, San Francisco, or Los Angeles it is more slow paced. Downtown and the french quarters eventually becomes a bit tiresome and repetitive but if you want to do some activities that doesn't involve being drunk or dry humping at a party, you have to look outside of your surroundings such ass Metairie or Kenner.

The workers in Business & Finance office are VERY rude and moody. A few times I had to check them about their attitude. Some professors are helpful and some that work there should not even be teaching because they are lazy as hell. If you are a first year student or an incoming student I would advise you to physically look at the school before you even make your decision on which school you will be attending in the fall or spring semester and come when the school is in session. So far I haven't suggested anybody that I know back at home to attend Dillard because it isn't even worth the money. I regret that I wasted my first year in college at this institution.

Surrounding City: B+, Education Quality: F