StudentsReview :: The Ailano School of Cosmetology - Comments and Student Experiences

The Ailano School of Cosmetology

I transferred into this college having already completed

Feb 07 2013Computer Science
I transferred into this college having already completed 57 credits so my experience might differ from others. I personally recommend you start off at a community college if you plan on coming to Champlain. The costs here are relatively high as I racked up roughly $55,000 in student loans over the 2 years I was here. The full four years here would be around $120k+ assuming you get the same financial aid as I did.

In regards to the computer & digital forensic curriculum at Champlain, I'm rather satisfied. I was told it's one of the stronger programs offered by the college and I can see why. The professors (Rajewski, Balan, and Wilkinson) are awesome. They really care about each student and are helpful when it comes to course work. Rajewski ended up being one of the best 300 professor in the country according to the Princeton Review. Additionally, the CDF program is a finalist in the 2013 SC Magazine best cyber security undergraduate program in the country. Take what you want from that. I got a lot of hands on experience with several forensic tools like Encase, FTK, Cellebrite, and XRY. The courses given here are tailored towards giving you everything a forensic examiner would need to know in the real world. Lots of practical/hands on stuff.

As for the CORE program, I'm content with the whole experience despite others scolding it. However, I only took the junior and senior year level CORE classes. I felt they were relevant even though they weren't related to my major. For example, in my junior year I took two global studies classes studying Islam and regions of the Middle East. With the U.S. involvement in the Middle East over the past decade, I felt that it was a class worth taking. Other CORE classes involved Human Rights, Globalization & Technology, and Capitalism and Democracy. Was an alright experience.

Campus is pretty awesome. People are mostly friendly. The college requires you to enroll in a $2900 meal plan per semester if you live ON CAMPUS. A bit of a rip off which is why I recommend you live in Spinner/Quarry and take the shuttle to campus or just rent an apartment not affiliated with the college. Will save you a lot of money.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2013