StudentsReview :: Anna Maria College - Comments and Student Experiences

Anna Maria College

I am actually an RN-BSN online student

May 27 2014Nursing
I am actually an RN-BSN online student. Some of the above questions should have been "N/A" but that wasn't an option. I have taken 4 classes so far and have found it very challenging but I just love the classes. The online classwork and studying takes anywhere from 10-15 hours per week per class. You must be self motivated. What I have learned so far I can apply to my everyday life as a nurse.The professors are supportive and provide beneficial critiques of submitted work.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A, University Resource Use: B

I'm a commuter, and I love Anna Maria

Dec 19 2013Education
I'm a commuter, and I love Anna Maria College. It's kind of funny how many of the people who complain about how easy and unchallenging this college is are flunking out or on academic probation. I get good grades and make Dean's List, but I've earned it. I show up to class and take good notes. If you show up to class and participate, your teacher is more likely to know you and you will get a good grade if you complete all the assignments.

The education department at this college is a very good one. There is a lot of one-on-one student/teacher instruction and professors, for the most part, are very helpful. Of course you'll get that crazy teacher once in a while, but that's going to happen wherever you go.

The small class sizes are beneficial if you're a person that wants to do well. If you don't show up for class, you will fail. I do find the course work challenging, but at the same time I do well because I show up to class, do my work on time, and I participate actively in class. After reading some of the negative comments on here, I noticed how some people were complaining that they were getting kicked out of the dorms for drug and alcohol use....well duh...

As for the science department, I can't comment on that because I am not a science major. However, this school does have a very strong liberal arts curriculum in History, English, Education, and other related majors. I enjoy the classes and find them challenging. The professors are friendly and helpful, and they know my name, which is something that lacked when I went to UMASS. There, I was just a number and teachers were completely unapproachable. The food sucks but I don't live there anyways. However, as a commuter, I have made so many new friends. It's a close-knit community with friendly staff and students. Most of my friends do well here and I find that people who complain about the school are students that fail several subjects, skip class, and end up flunking out. The campus is calming and beautiful, and hey, if you do choose to commute, there's great parking here!

3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Campus Maintenance: B-

This is by far the worst college in

Mar 12 2014Sociology
This is by far the worst college in new England. Do not come here! When I first started at AMC I was hopeful and optimistic, yes I had heard many negative comments about the school but I had figured getting involved and living on campus would make the experience worthwhile. I was horribly mistaken.

Social life: if you are someone who enjoys going
out to bars, clubs and big parties DO NOT come to Anna Maria. Many amc students like to think they are getting the "college experience" when in reality all AMC students do is sit in a suite full of ten or fifteen people and drink until a bitch RA or campus safety comes in and writes everyone up, even if you were not drinking but were in the room. They will also write you up if you are of legal drinking age but there is a younger student in the room. Its ridiculous.

Sports: the sport teams are all D3. They are horrid, easily the worst of the worst. Don't believe me? Check the stats. The football team is easily the most comical, majority of those boys only play at amc for the promise of getting playing time, therefore disregarding the pathetic scores. If you are an even mildly talented athlete DO NOT CIME HERE

Education: AMC is a back up school. All of the students only come here because, for one reason or another, they did not get into the school of their choice. The education quality is disgustingly simple. If you think you are going to learn anything that will help you in your career feild later in life, you are sadly mistaken.

location: AMC is located in PAXTON ma NOT WORCESTER! the school consistently tries to advertise that it is in a "college town" well...its not. There are four farms on the same street as Anna Maria College. You better get used to the smell of horse shit because that odor is extremely potent in the warmer months. Don't expect to go off campus without a car, the shuttle is pretty much useless and barely runs on weekends.

Tuition: the amount that AMC expects students to pay for such a horrific institution is disgusting. The tuition now is 47,000 a year and it is rising to 50,000 by next fall. Be prepared to drown in debt.

Life after AMC: if you are stupid enough to actually graduate from this college you better be prepared to not have a job. Majority of the classes offered at Anna Maria are NOT ACCREDITED. this means that even if you do decide to get a degree from AMC, your career field will most likely not consider it a quality education and will not get you the job of your choice. Some programs that are currently not accredited are BA in Psychology and BA in Nursing.

Room and board: Madonna Hall, otherwise known as the Freshman hall..is disgusting. Its so old it is legitimately considered a historic building. It has no elevators, the walls are all concrete, the rooms are decent sized but barely have any furniture. There is no carpeting and majority of the beds are stained. The Madonna hall residence life is even worse. They will completely crush your Freshman college experience. You are supposed to have all guests out of your room by 11pm on weekdays and 1pm on weekends. I know parents that are more lenient than that. No one is allowed to sign in overnight guests of the opposite gender, so goodluck if you have a bf or gf from another school. If you get caught with alcohol in the Freshman building its a $200 fine. DONT COME HERE.

thankfully I transferred last year and I am happy to sat I am enjoying my new school more than ever. Its just a fair warning to tell the world.. DO NOT COME TO AMC.

Bel Rea Institute of Animal Technology (CO) 1:negative