StudentsReview :: Anna Maria College - Comments and Student Experiences

Anna Maria College

I am an online RN-BSN student.BrightNursing
I am an online RN-BSN student. I did a lot of research before choosing an online program and I chose AMC as they had good reviews, have an actual on campus nursing program, and reputation. It is quite expensive. There doesn't appear to have any scholarships available for online students.The classes are very challenging, expect to spend 10-15 hours a week for each course. I find these classes more challenging than traditional on campus classes as you can not be a passive student. There is a lot of interaction with other students. This is because they are accelerated 8 week courses. I love how each core class is integrated into nursing and practicable for me at work. I am actually looking forward to statistics rather than dreading it as I hear it is nursing based.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Education Quality: A
I am actually an RN-BSN online student.BrightNursing
I am actually an RN-BSN online student. Some of the above questions should have been "N/A" but that wasn't an option. I have taken 4 classes so far and have found it very challenging but I just love the classes. The online classwork and studying takes anywhere from 10-15 hours per week per class. You must be self motivated. What I have learned so far I can apply to my everyday life as a nurse.The professors are supportive and provide beneficial critiques of submitted work.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A, University Resource Use: B
This is by far the worst college inSociology
This is by far the worst college in new England. Do not come here! When I first started at AMC I was hopeful and optimistic, yes I had heard many negative comments about the school but I had figured getting involved and living on campus would make the experience worthwhile. I was horribly mistaken.

Social life: if you are someone who enjoys going
out to bars, clubs and big parties DO NOT come to Anna Maria. Many amc students like to think they are getting the "college experience" when in reality all AMC students do is sit in a suite full of ten or fifteen people and drink until a bitch RA or campus safety comes in and writes everyone up, even if you were not drinking but were in the room. They will also write you up if you are of legal drinking age but there is a younger student in the room. Its ridiculous.

Sports: the sport teams are all D3. They are horrid, easily the worst of the worst. Don't believe me? Check the stats. The football team is easily the most comical, majority of those boys only play at amc for the promise of getting playing time, therefore disregarding the pathetic scores. If you are an even mildly talented athlete DO NOT CIME HERE

Education: AMC is a back up school. All of the students only come here because, for one reason or another, they did not get into the school of their choice. The education quality is disgustingly simple. If you think you are going to learn anything that will help you in your career feild later in life, you are sadly mistaken.

location: AMC is located in PAXTON ma NOT WORCESTER! the school consistently tries to advertise that it is in a "college town" well...its not. There are four farms on the same street as Anna Maria College. You better get used to the smell of horse shit because that odor is extremely potent in the warmer months. Don't expect to go off campus without a car, the shuttle is pretty much useless and barely runs on weekends.

Tuition: the amount that AMC expects students to pay for such a horrific institution is disgusting. The tuition now is 47,000 a year and it is rising to 50,000 by next fall. Be prepared to drown in debt.

Life after AMC: if you are stupid enough to actually graduate from this college you better be prepared to not have a job. Majority of the classes offered at Anna Maria are NOT ACCREDITED. this means that even if you do decide to get a degree from AMC, your career field will most likely not consider it a quality education and will not get you the job of your choice. Some programs that are currently not accredited are BA in Psychology and BA in Nursing.

Room and board: Madonna Hall, otherwise known as the Freshman hall..is disgusting. Its so old it is legitimately considered a historic building. It has no elevators, the walls are all concrete, the rooms are decent sized but barely have any furniture. There is no carpeting and majority of the beds are stained. The Madonna hall residence life is even worse. They will completely crush your Freshman college experience. You are supposed to have all guests out of your room by 11pm on weekdays and 1pm on weekends. I know parents that are more lenient than that. No one is allowed to sign in overnight guests of the opposite gender, so goodluck if you have a bf or gf from another school. If you get caught with alcohol in the Freshman building its a $200 fine. DONT COME HERE.

thankfully I transferred last year and I am happy to sat I am enjoying my new school more than ever. Its just a fair warning to tell the world.. DO NOT COME TO AMC.

Middlebury College (VT) 1:neutral

College of Oceaneering (CA) 1:neutral

La Sierra University (CA) 1:neutral

University of Pittsburgh Business School (PA) 1:neutral

Compare AMCSave AMC

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→