StudentsReview :: Anna Maria College - Comments and Student Experiences

Anna Maria College

I am an online RN-BSN student.BrightNursing
I am an online RN-BSN student. I did a lot of research before choosing an online program and I chose AMC as they had good reviews, have an actual on campus nursing program, and reputation. It is quite expensive. There doesn't appear to have any scholarships available for online students.The classes are very challenging, expect to spend 10-15 hours a week for each course. I find these classes more challenging than traditional on campus classes as you can not be a passive student. There is a lot of interaction with other students. This is because they are accelerated 8 week courses. I love how each core class is integrated into nursing and practicable for me at work. I am actually looking forward to statistics rather than dreading it as I hear it is nursing based.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Education Quality: A
I'm a commuter, and I love Anna MariaQuite BrightEducation
I'm a commuter, and I love Anna Maria College. It's kind of funny how many of the people who complain about how easy and unchallenging this college is are flunking out or on academic probation. I get good grades and make Dean's List, but I've earned it. I show up to class and take good notes. If you show up to class and participate, your teacher is more likely to know you and you will get a good grade if you complete all the assignments.

The education department at this college is a very good one. There is a lot of one-on-one student/teacher instruction and professors, for the most part, are very helpful. Of course you'll get that crazy teacher once in a while, but that's going to happen wherever you go.

The small class sizes are beneficial if you're a person that wants to do well. If you don't show up for class, you will fail. I do find the course work challenging, but at the same time I do well because I show up to class, do my work on time, and I participate actively in class. After reading some of the negative comments on here, I noticed how some people were complaining that they were getting kicked out of the dorms for drug and alcohol use....well duh...

As for the science department, I can't comment on that because I am not a science major. However, this school does have a very strong liberal arts curriculum in History, English, Education, and other related majors. I enjoy the classes and find them challenging. The professors are friendly and helpful, and they know my name, which is something that lacked when I went to UMASS. There, I was just a number and teachers were completely unapproachable. The food sucks but I don't live there anyways. However, as a commuter, I have made so many new friends. It's a close-knit community with friendly staff and students. Most of my friends do well here and I find that people who complain about the school are students that fail several subjects, skip class, and end up flunking out. The campus is calming and beautiful, and hey, if you do choose to commute, there's great parking here!

3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Campus Maintenance: B-
People who have a problem with small atmospheres,Super BrilliantNursing
People who have a problem with small atmospheres, this place is not for you. Anna Maria is a smaller place with a friendly community, where peopel acctually know your name. Expanding and developing, Anna Maria is really trying to grow and improve on the number of residenatal students, and the department of residents life is ever vigilant making sure that students are accomaditing and having their needs meet. The staff in the residence life department is kind, friendly, and nuturing. It is interesting to see each of them working with the students. Michelle Cash. the assistant director of reslife is knowledgeable of the student population and willing and ready to meet new incoming students and watch them grow through the college expirence. People say cruel things about AMC but that really show how much involvment they have had in the school. The more involved on campus the better your personal expirence will be. Living on campus was a great benefit, and the halls provide a wonderful learning environment, as well as a safe and friendly living environment. Reslife is the backbone to AMC and Michelle (who is in charge of the housing assignments) really work hard to make sure that you are comfortable in this place. GOOD JOB AMC :D
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013