StudentsReview :: The Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis Inc - Comments and Student Experiences

The Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis Inc

I am a student in the school's clinical

Sep 22 2014Psychology
I am a student in the school's clinical doctoral program. The quality of the training I receive is much higher than my prior training had provided. I am now able to work more effectively with a broad range of patients, including those with very difficult diagnoses. This deepened understanding of human behavior has given me the satisfaction of helping those who generally have been considered outside the realm of treatment. It has also given me the opportunity to advance my career by expanding my skill set.
5th Year Female -- Class 2002
Education Quality: A+, Campus Maintenance: A

This was an incredibly

Aug 26 2014Other
This was an incredibly fulfilling place to learn everything I needed to know about why people behave the way they do, and how to work with people to help them be more constructive.
5th Year Male -- Class 1995
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Campus Aesthetics: B

My education at BGSP has been a deeply

Aug 27 2014Psychology
My education at BGSP has been a deeply meaningful and gratifying experience. It taught me how to think psychoanalytically, which was what I was looking for. Through the process of my analysis and education I learned a lot about myself, which helps me both in my personal and professional life.

BGSP training prepared me very well for working with patients in private practice. I can see the value of my education in the difference it makes in the lives of my patients. I feel that what I received from school in terms of theoretical and emotional education was a good balance: it satisfied me just enough to feel that I have been nourished, yet still stimulated me to know more and to do my own research.

Ultimately, one takes a personal responsibility for what they derive from their education. These were all major learnings and experiences I sought coming to the school.

The classes were challenging and interesting Faculty was very helpful and responsive to me. I enjoyed student life some years more than others and made a few close friends.

Preparedness: F Reputation: F