StudentsReview :: The Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis Inc - Comments and Student Experiences

The Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis Inc

Friendly and deep, that's

Jul 23 2014Psychology
Friendly and deep, that's what I like about this school and the people here. I have been here three years and though it will be a long process to get the doctoral degree I have been challenged and changed for the best.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2018
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B+

BGSP offers students information and experiences that direct

Jul 13 2014Psychology
BGSP offers students information and experiences that directly relate to the challenges in the current mental health industry. The academic programs are about emotional maturation. This can be uncomfortable at times, but what learning environment that teaches anything of value isn't? Courses relate to the profession and when you've completed them, you'll feel prepared to tackle the challenges in the industry.
4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A, Campus Aesthetics: B+

I had had very good, but eclectic training

Jul 16 2014Other
I had had very good, but eclectic training in mental health field prior to attending BGSP. I was working in mental health field when I started there, and was looking for a deeper, more thorough training, one that took the unconscious into consideration. A friend told me about BGSP. I began treatment with an analyst from the school, and was very impressed with her style of treatment. I had tried therapy with three other people over the years, and this experience was by far the most open and accepting of me as I was. I experienced immediate benefits and became even more interested in the training, wanting to learn how to work in this very open and accepting way. The training as well, was very open, yet challenging. I found that the classes help me with a better understanding of the complexities of each patient.

The classes are challenging in that they expect an emotional presence which enhances the theoretical understanding of the material. There is no "analysis" of the student in class, but there is an effort to help students understand the point of view of others. Students come from a variety of backgrounds and offer much to the classroom experience.

As I have continued my studies, I have worked in a variety of settings. I am now in private practice and do administrative work, and my training continues to enhance my accomplishments and understanding of dynamics. The training has also had a tremendous effect on my personal life.

5th Year Female -- Class 2012