StudentsReview :: Boston University - Comments and Student Experiences

Boston University

Boston University is a quality school

Feb 11 2014Business - Management and Administration
Boston University is a quality school. You will graduate having felt like your time was well spent, and that your education trumps most other schools' programs in similar disciplines.

With that being said, the school has literally zero spirit. Starting a campaign or having a voice on a topic of interest is nearly impossible because nobody cares. Athletics are also weak. Don't buy into the narrative that we're a hockey school. Hockey gets worse TV ratings than beach volleyball. Lets not kid ourselves that not having a football team hurts spirit and pride.

The facilities on campus are top-notch aside from the College of Arts and Sciences. The gym is fantastic, and it feels like new exciting construction is being done every day. I've even heard plans of further expansion to make the campus feel more like a traditional campus. BU does a great job of investing their time and money.

The people at BU are just terrible. People are snooty, arrogant and really think that they are fantastic. Girls are demanding and below-average looking. Dudes have huge egos and traditionally have backgrounds of being a loser in high school. With all this being said, the educational value is so great that I found my experience at BU to be worthwhile. Despite the terrible people, the few good people I met were fantastic. Overall, BU is a great place to go to school.

4th Year Male -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A, Useful Schoolwork: C+

I've done very well

Feb 08 2014Electrical Engineering
I've done very well academically so far, but not because of great professors. My education has been so terrible. I'm only here because I have scholarship money and because people on the outside think BU is a good school. If only they knew...
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: A, Education Quality: D-

I just finished my freshman year at BU

May 29 2014Undecided
I just finished my freshman year at BU and honestly I have never been more depressed in my life. BU literally drove me into a depression. People are unfriendly, unapproachable, cold and flat out rude. I've lived in Chestnut Hill for the past 6 years and the people there are considered Jappy and snobby. I thought I would fit into this stereotype. But I didn't fit in at all. People are 10 times worse than I expected them to be. Honestly, the people I met and spoke to were so dumb. I mean honestly these people are so ditsy and uneducated. Their parents could afford the school and that's why they got in. I got into BU and NYU but not Northeastern. I think that says a lot about money-hungry schools. I was popular in highschool and I literally LOST myself in this school. I don't know who I am anymore. I have never gone to any therapists for depression before or taken any pills. And because of this SHIT school I have had the worst year of my life. I mean nothing can top being hospitalized for depression. I legitimately made one friend and we don't even keep in touch anymore. The teachers are SHIT in CGS. They are available, nut they try to dumb you down. I got all B+ and A- on my papers and I still somehow ended up with a B. Not to mention my D in Humanities which is a ridiculous waste of time. Our exams are pointless and we have to memorize paintings. I mean for $60,000 I want to learn something USEFUL. My teacher kept bragging about his book and even had us read a section on in (70 pages is a section). It was the most absurd thing. I get that these people are intellectuals but I don't need them bragging about their work. I have not heard of one person getting an A. My friend who came to BU from a private school with straight A's has a GPA that is a 2.8. IF YOU GO TO BU YOU WILL GET A HUGE REALITY CHECK! Your grades will suffer and if you want to transfer out of this shit hole the DEFLATION makes it SO HARD to get a good GPA. BU is just a name. It's like Gucci, Versace, Monclear, and Cartier. JUST A NAME. And don't even bother coming here if you don't have a Monclear winter jacket or own Ray Bans. People clearly look down on you. And I'm not just imagining it. I came to a Northeastern cruise with my friend and the people I met there walked around with me ALL night. Even the girls that looked snobby came up to me and asked if I was okay (I was seasick). That would NEVER happen at BU. YOU ARE ALONE. NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU HERE. ITS ALL AN ACT. DO NOT COME HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT.
Surrounding City: A, Education Quality: F