StudentsReview :: Boston University - Comments and Student Experiences

Boston University

Aug 20 2014Unknown

I feel that I have received an exceptional education at Boston University.

4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Campus Aesthetics: C

Great Pre-Med! Prepare to

Aug 20 2014PreMed and Medical
Great Pre-Med! Prepare to work harder than you have ever worked in your life. The Pre-Med program is more challenging than any graduate-level work you will encounter. For those still in high school, take as many AP classes as possible, volunteer and get involved in your school and community
4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B

I just finished my freshman year at BU

May 29 2014Undecided
I just finished my freshman year at BU and honestly I have never been more depressed in my life. BU literally drove me into a depression. People are unfriendly, unapproachable, cold and flat out rude. I've lived in Chestnut Hill for the past 6 years and the people there are considered Jappy and snobby. I thought I would fit into this stereotype. But I didn't fit in at all. People are 10 times worse than I expected them to be. Honestly, the people I met and spoke to were so dumb. I mean honestly these people are so ditsy and uneducated. Their parents could afford the school and that's why they got in. I got into BU and NYU but not Northeastern. I think that says a lot about money-hungry schools. I was popular in highschool and I literally LOST myself in this school. I don't know who I am anymore. I have never gone to any therapists for depression before or taken any pills. And because of this SHIT school I have had the worst year of my life. I mean nothing can top being hospitalized for depression. I legitimately made one friend and we don't even keep in touch anymore. The teachers are SHIT in CGS. They are available, nut they try to dumb you down. I got all B+ and A- on my papers and I still somehow ended up with a B. Not to mention my D in Humanities which is a ridiculous waste of time. Our exams are pointless and we have to memorize paintings. I mean for $60,000 I want to learn something USEFUL. My teacher kept bragging about his book and even had us read a section on in (70 pages is a section). It was the most absurd thing. I get that these people are intellectuals but I don't need them bragging about their work. I have not heard of one person getting an A. My friend who came to BU from a private school with straight A's has a GPA that is a 2.8. IF YOU GO TO BU YOU WILL GET A HUGE REALITY CHECK! Your grades will suffer and if you want to transfer out of this shit hole the DEFLATION makes it SO HARD to get a good GPA. BU is just a name. It's like Gucci, Versace, Monclear, and Cartier. JUST A NAME. And don't even bother coming here if you don't have a Monclear winter jacket or own Ray Bans. People clearly look down on you. And I'm not just imagining it. I came to a Northeastern cruise with my friend and the people I met there walked around with me ALL night. Even the girls that looked snobby came up to me and asked if I was okay (I was seasick). That would NEVER happen at BU. YOU ARE ALONE. NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU HERE. ITS ALL AN ACT. DO NOT COME HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT.
Surrounding City: A, Education Quality: F