StudentsReview :: Bay State College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bay State College

I am currently in my last semester andQuite BrightOther
I am currently in my last semester and will be getting my associates degree this year. I have to admit, I did not put much research into this school before attending. It was a careless decision applying, and then just deciding to go because I had nothing better going on in my life. What a terrible decision, especially financially.

I honestly enjoyed this school at first. I thought I was meeting all of these creative and accepting people. But that was just a facade, for both students and faculty. The students here are like the plastics in Mean Girls. They may appear nice, but their true colors show after a semester and they become very clique obsessed. And if you aren't in their clique you can just forget it. This applies to both within and out of majors. From my observation and experience, the students in each major keep their friendships within their major. And within that major is even more cliques. And if you don't join one of the catty cliques, you can forget having friends here. Neither the students or the faculty will want anything to do with you.

The faculty are no better than the students. They play absolute favorites and if you don't suck up to them they don't want anything to do with you. So many of these professors are so stuck up and entitled because they have experience in their industry. And they totally disregard you and take it almost personal if you don't express the same amount of passion or interest in their respective fields that they do. If you're lost and unsure about your career path, they don't encourage you and try and share their knowledge in a positive way. They shun you for not being like them, and throw you to the curb.

This school could care about less about your education. They're all about forcing you to work 10 part time jobs with absolutely no job or hours security (cause college students just have no bills to pay), and if you can't keep your schedule 110% open for whatever 2 hour a month job they want to send you to, they look down on you. I have been looked down upon by faculty, students, and the career service department because I commit to my part time job because it pays my bills. One career service advisor told me I needed to move in Boston if I ever want to make it in the industry. He wanted nothing to do with me when said the jobs he wanted to send me to didn't fit into my schedule. The faculty here just wants to force stupid jobs down your throat so it can strengthen their relationships with their contacts. As well as make the school look better because it's finding students all of these crappy minimum wage jobs. And if you don't want to work these minimum wage jobs, or better yet, work for free the faculty think you aren't a hard worker. I'm not sorry that I know a paycheck is more important than what my passion may be. I'm a realist, sorry. I have obligations.

The school is also insanely overpriced. I believe the current rate is $826 a credit, so that's around $2,400 a class. Which is absolutely insane when I think about the lack of education I have gotten here. I can honestly say that my degree I will be receiving is pointless (which the faculty have said as well, and that is experience is what's going to get you jobs -- so what am I paying all this money for??) And there is nothing that I learned here that I couldn't have learned on my own through experience and life. This school is like a high school, providing minimal education.I will say though, I have had some amazing and caring professors. Most of them however have been adjunct professors and or professors for general education classes.

more→Feb 25 2015
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: F
Bay State College is over priced and dysfunctional.BrightPhysical Therapy/Exercise Science
Bay State College is over priced and dysfunctional. When I pay a premium price for something I expect premium quality experience. Unfortunately the quality of education at Bay State College is under par. Bay State College is dysfunctionally ran by an out of touch administration. Non of the faculty is ever on the same page and the students are constantly given conflicting information.

Dealing with the I.T. department is a nightmare. The computers and printers are always down the college WiFi is extremely slow and spotty. The college does not even have a real bookstore and what is in the bookstore is overpriced just like Bay State College.

more→Jan 30 2015
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: A, Campus Aesthetics: F
Bay State College was the BIGGEST waste ofQuite BrightCriminal
Bay State College was the BIGGEST waste of time and money i can imagine. For one the curriculum was garbage. The "instructors" gave more actual world insight to me than actual knowledge. The office staff, advisers and financial aid department were down right rude and unhelpful. Constantly signing you up for classes you have 1 already taken or 2 had no part in your major. Also in my experience giving wrong information to get you out of their office so they could go back to chatting and or gossiping amongst themselves. NOW career services this is where they failed even harder. about 6 months after graduation i lost my job. knowing that bay state had a career services department i contacted them and got an adviser. This guy not only ignored my e-mails when he responded to them was gave me no help. I was a criminal Justice major. He was trying to get me yet another retail job he sent me links to big box stores... So if you are thinking about attending this college DON'T! Their name on your resume is a blight and wont help you achieve anything.
more→Dec 11 2014