StudentsReview :: Bay State College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bay State College

Bay State College is over priced and dysfunctional

Jan 30 2015Physical Therapy/Exercise Science
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Bay State College is over priced and dysfunctional. When I pay a premium price for something I expect premium quality experience. Unfortunately the quality of education at Bay State College is under par. Bay State College is dysfunctionally ran by an out of touch administration. Non of the faculty is ever on the same page and the students are constantly given conflicting information.

Dealing with the I.T. department is a nightmare. The computers and printers are always down the college WiFi is extremely slow and spotty. The college does not even have a real bookstore and what is in the bookstore is overpriced just like Bay State College.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: A, Campus Aesthetics: F

Bay State College was the BIGGEST waste of

Dec 11 2014Criminal
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Bay State College was the BIGGEST waste of time and money i can imagine. For one the curriculum was garbage. The "instructors" gave more actual world insight to me than actual knowledge. The office staff, advisers and financial aid department were down right rude and unhelpful. Constantly signing you up for classes you have 1 already taken or 2 had no part in your major. Also in my experience giving wrong information to get you out of their office so they could go back to chatting and or gossiping amongst themselves. NOW career services this is where they failed even harder. about 6 months after graduation i lost my job. knowing that bay state had a career services department i contacted them and got an adviser. This guy not only ignored my e-mails when he responded to them was gave me no help. I was a criminal Justice major. He was trying to get me yet another retail job he sent me links to big box stores... So if you are thinking about attending this college DON'T! Their name on your resume is a blight and wont help you achieve anything.
Starting Job: Sales Clerk Preparedness: F Reputation: F

Still the same junk school it's always been

Aug 16 2014Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Still the same junk school it's always been. Reading some other reviews I see this place is still a overpriced dump. I'd never recommend anyone go to this college, EVER!! I wish when I attended this school there we're places like this to warn people how horrible they are. I attended one semester back in 2000. Not only did they make up some excuse on how they we're tossing me out because some trashy girl was spreading rumors about me about me ruining something of hers, that was false, they also stole my money! I even had witnesses, from the dump they call a dorm, contact them to tell them the accusations were false, and they still kicked me out. Never returned my remaining $15,000. I'm going to be in debt forever because of these people. All over their excuse to get rid of me so they can keep my money that they did not deserve. So, I ended up paying for the rest of the year and the following year for classes that I did not take, food that I did not eat, and room and board for a place that I was not staying. BIG SCAM! There are way better colleges for cheaper with better programs that won't rip you off!
Preparedness: F Reputation: F