StudentsReview :: Bay State College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bay State College

Dec 11 2014Criminal
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Bay State College was the BIGGEST waste of time and money i can imagine. For one the curriculum was garbage. The "instructors" gave more actual world insight to me than actual knowledge. The office staff, advisers and financial aid department were down right rude and unhelpful. Constantly signing you up for classes you have 1 already taken or 2 had no part in your major. Also in my experience giving wrong information to get you out of their office so they could go back to chatting and or gossiping amongst themselves. NOW career services this is where they failed even harder. about 6 months after graduation i lost my job. knowing that bay state had a career services department i contacted them and got an adviser. This guy not only ignored my e-mails when he responded to them was gave me no help. I was a criminal Justice major. He was trying to get me yet another retail job he sent me links to big box stores... So if you are thinking about attending this college DON'T! Their name on your resume is a blight and wont help you achieve anything.
Starting Job: Sales Clerk Preparedness: F Reputation: F
Aug 16 2014Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Still the same junk school it's always been. Reading some other reviews I see this place is still a overpriced dump. I'd never recommend anyone go to this college, EVER!! I wish when I attended this school there we're places like this to warn people how horrible they are. I attended one semester back in 2000. Not only did they make up some excuse on how they we're tossing me out because some trashy girl was spreading rumors about me about me ruining something of hers, that was false, they also stole my money! I even had witnesses, from the dump they call a dorm, contact them to tell them the accusations were false, and they still kicked me out. Never returned my remaining $15,000. I'm going to be in debt forever because of these people. All over their excuse to get rid of me so they can keep my money that they did not deserve. So, I ended up paying for the rest of the year and the following year for classes that I did not take, food that I did not eat, and room and board for a place that I was not staying. BIG SCAM! There are way better colleges for cheaper with better programs that won't rip you off!
Preparedness: F Reputation: F
Apr 02 2014Undecided
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL. Hopefully you take the time to read my review and save yourself money from this "college." I was an A student in high school with the occasional B+. I am very dedicated to my school work no matter what. I always pass everything in on time and make sure I did all parts of the assignment to the best of my ability. There is a little background about myself; now let me continue to the review. Starting with my first interest in this school, I thought it was great and well organized. The admissions staff ALWAYS answered my emails and kept pursuing me to attend their school and made me feel like this all around amazing student when I was on tour at their school. Building 31 is nice; students and faculty are the only ones to have access to the whole 2nd floor and can only get there by using the college's elevator and to get on the elevator you have to tap your student ID. The class rooms are nice, the lounge is nice. As for the other buildings on Commonwealth Ave, they are very old. I don't mind them but they are very old. No elevators in those buildings. Now as for the schooling, this school is SO easy. Every assignment I've had to write I already knew all the information. I haven't learned anything in any of my classes. Everything that was "taught" was already prior knowledge that I learned in high school. At first I came here to apply into their nursing program which is accredited but now, after finding out the facts, I am definitely not going to. Their NCLEX pass rate is only 54%. That is TERRIBLE. I blame the education and I can prove that because I barely learned anything at this school. The teachers are a joke, and I hate to use that term because it's slang but I really can't think of another word to use other than them being a joke. The school is for-profit and you can tell that it is a for-profit institution because the people hired here are only here to get some extra money and it shows. I have tried to email my advisor countless times for help and she has yet to respond to any of my emails. When I finally hunted her down in the hallway, she made an appointment with me and then never showed up for my appointment. Oh and remember how I said the admissions staff answered my emails all the time? I also emailed them for help, since my advisor wouldn't email me back, and even they wouldn't respond to my emails. I find it funny how they kept emailing me and emailing me, convincing me to go to their school and now that I'm in they don't care about me anymore. They don't care about any student in this school, only their money. As for the students; I read in a different review that the students "are only here because they couldn't get accepted anywhere else" and that is SO true. The students here are just very uneducated it amazes me how they managed graduate high school or get their GED. The students here are very arrogant and snooty. They think they are better than you. Every time I walk by the lounge the students stop talking and just stare at me and give me the dirtiest looks I've ever seen. I feel like a bunny about to be attacked by a pack of wolves. I was accepted to Simmons College but didn't go there because I had already committed to Bay State and I regret that decision so much. Please take my advice, PLEASE. I literally just wasted $10,000 on three classes. THREE CLASSES. I've only been here for one semester and I'm already in that much debt. You can get a much better education elsewhere for SO much cheaper! This school is very expensive for it's poor education quality. Also, since we're on the subject of classes, they have a terrible at scheduling classes. Once they allow you to pick classes, you must do it ASAP or there will be no room or no classes left and they will force you to take them in the Summer. They tried doing this to me; I was told I could take A&P 2 in Fall 2015 and last minute they decided to finally tell me that they aren't offering the class during that time anymore and if I want to graduate on time I'll have to take a Summer class. Please read the negative reviews of this school and please listen to them. I'm literally begging you because you will waste so much time and money at this school. As for the positives; the only thing good about this school is the location. It is in a building with lots of places to eat in it and around it and also right near Newbury Street if you want to shop. But please don't come here. I will be transferring elsewhere for the rest of my education.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: F

University of Puget Sound (WA) 1:advice

Southeastern Louisiana University (LA) 1:positive

Florida State University (FL)

The College of Wooster (OH) 1:advice