StudentsReview :: Bay State College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bay State College

May 16 2013Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I wasn't a traditional student right out of high school. I waited a few years to go back. When I decided to go back and get my degree, I was nervous about the whole process. The team at Bay State helped me every step of the way.The business program is excellent. Great teachers, great classes, and career services helped me land a great internship and then a job once I graduated.
4th Year Female -- Class 2012
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: B-
Dec 12 2012Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
DO NOT GO HERE! Hi I am a first year student and I live in the dorms. Most of the girls who live in my building are stuck up bitches who slam their feet down the stairs at 4am but there are a couple nice ones A COUPLE. the boys here think there god but their NASTY.. i mean NASTY. haha the location of the school is amazing but thats the only thing keeping me going there. The work is very easy but not one of my teachers even knew my name after an ENTIRE semester... like really? not that hard to remember. There is absoultly NO campus life. Never anything to do ever! the food SUCKS it makes my stomach hurt and most schools have like a bistro or another choice for food but nope only one tiny TINY room with crap food. You have to pay money to wash your clothes and theress only 2 washers and 2 dryers. you're only allowed to have 2 guests at a time and during the first two weeks and last two weeks of each semester your not allowed any over night guests!? uhm are we 3????! oh yeah NO COLORED INK anywhere on campus but teachers expect you to have colored photos and you WILL get marked down on projects if you dont. I look forward to leaving this hell hole any chance I get!Plus every time i enter the student sitting area there is immautre kids dancing/yelling/being really annoying. Students here dont care about school most of them seem like they barly graduated high school. SCHOOLS A JOKE. DO NOT GO HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT FIND A NICER SCHOOL IN BOSTON!!!!!!!!
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F
Nov 20 2012Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
From my experience, I have learned that Bay State College is all about the money. It is ran by a man who inherited the family business, and a business it is. It is in a great urban setting, but the dorms and campus life are horrible. I started out living in a dorm and left after one semester! 6 girls in one room should never be allowed! The buildings are unique, because they are old, but I think only one is handicapped accessible. I was in an accident and was on crutches for half of a semester. I felt like I burdened the whole class because we all had to move to another building just for me.

Anyone can get accepted here and the quality of education really depends on the program and the professors you get. Since anyone is accepted, this college ends up being filled with students who could not get in anywhere else. They are not prepared for college and bring the whole class down with immature behavior and low skill level. Through the years, I have had some excellent teachers and tutors though. The library is super small and every computer is always filled with people facebooking. I have noticed that most qualified faculty/staff seem to move on quickly.

4th Year Female -- Class 2012